"I'll arrange a more detailed check-up for the patient when he wakes up." The doctor informed. Taehyung and I thanked him and the doctor left. I watched Jungkook from the outside as he was asleep on the bed. I started to feel guilty, how can I not notice?

The day was so so long. I was exhausted, I wanted nothing more than sinking into the mattress and sleep for twelve hours. Taehyung was with me the whole day, we didn't speak much. He understands I'm too tired to talk and gave me space. I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. The thoughts kept me awake all night.

I hate it when I cannot sleep. The room is dark, the only source of light was from the moon. I stared at the ceiling, wanting to cry out loud but I didn't. Taehyung was sleeping on my couch. I told him I wanted some time alone, but he refused to leave me alone in the house.

The thoughts went crazy at night, running like furious racing cars in my head.

The only sound I heard was the air conditioner. Turning off and on because of the eco mode. The surrounding was so quiet, but my head was the exact opposite.

The image of Jungkook lying on the bed flashed in my mind. I started to sob, bitting my blanket as I muffled my crying.

How awful am I as a friend? Jungkook was right, he did so much for me. If he wasn't there back then, I may not be living today. He cared for me genuinely, even took care of my mother when I couldn't. He didn't leave me even though I was a mess. He was always there for me at my back when I fall.

Stupid me, believing him when he lied about his pills. I was always the person receiving in the end, I never cared about him deeply, I don't even know about his life in detail.

Jungkook was sick all this time but I never realized and only burdened him. My best friend is sick and I didn't know, how ridiculous this is?

I couldn't be angry at Jungkook for hurting me. That wasn't Jungkook when he injured me. It was because of me, triggering his illness and making things worse. I hurt him.

How helpless Jungkook must have been for years? Why would he not tell me? How can he...

My endless thoughts were interrupted by the creaking sound of my door when it opened. My sobs must have woken Taehyung up.

A sleepy Taehyung came to me, "aigoo," He exclaimed seeing my vulnerable state, hugging a pillow.

He turned on the lamp on my nightstand and snuggled into my bed. He wrapped his arms around me protectively, combing my hair softly. "It's not your fault, baby."

I couldn't talk. My sobs choking me so I stayed quiet. How did he know what I was thinking?

"I know you. You're blaming yourself for not noticing Jungkook's sick, correct?"

Taehyung looked downwards to me, meeting my teary eyes. He chuckled and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Jungkook wouldn't want to see you like this, he wouldn't want you to worry about him. Especially when he knew there were a lot of things going on in your life a while ago. If he wanted you to know, he would've told you. He wouldn't hide it when you asked. He has his reasons. So, don't blame yourself for everything before you listen to the full story from him, okay?"

Taehyung's low voice was a lullaby to my ear. I hummed in response.

"Sleep baby, I love you," Taehyung mumbled. I soon drifted to dreamland in peace.

You're kidding me! << Cheaters>> reached 700+ reads!!!!

You're kidding me!
<< Cheaters>> reached 700+ reads!!!!

I'm very thankful and will always be T-T!!! Thank you for reading as always💕💕💕