Twenty-three

<< C h a p t e r 23 >>

Cuddling with Jungkook and watching a random movie on Netflix is a perfect combination for the lovely weekend.

I smiled hearing his cute chuckles when we watched the silly scenes of the movie. Simply lying in his athletic arms was relaxing.

I removed his arms around me, scooping away from him since I decided to take a bath. "Where are you going?" Jungkook asked, his doe-eyes following me as I got off the bed.

"Shower, so that you won't have to wait for your turn later, it's late," I said and headed to the bathroom. Jungkook let out an "ah" and focused back to the movie displaying on the Apple TV. "I'll miss you!" Jungkook shouted out loud. I laughed and shook my head, "I'm just away for a bath, stop being a drama queen!" I exclaimed, laughing at Jungkook as he wiped the fake tears away. He pouted cutely and I suppressed my will to squish those cheeks and walked into the bathroom.

After a steamy bath, it eased away all the worries in my head and gave my tensed muscle a massage. It was a great idea to soak in the bathtub for tonight. I covered my body with a bathrobe, walking out of the bathroom to my walk-in wardrobe to pick out my pyjamas for the night.

Jungkook was asleep on my bed, I smiled, shooking my head and continued the walk to the closet.

I picked out my favourite grey cotton pyjamas set with cute little white hearts patterned. It's very comfy and warm so I love wearing it.

After changing, I was about to turn off the light and leave but the corner of my vision caught a glimpse of the tin box placed in the bottom of my closet. With a wistful smile, I sat down on the floor and took out the tin box.

Opening it, it revealed bits and bits of memories of Taehyung and me. Yes, this is where I kept our things. Apparently, from the past years, I told myself to throw these away every day to not let myself live in the past anymore. But every time I just cannot drag myself to pour all these treasures I dearly cherished into the garbage bag like it's nothing.

I thought it wasn't harmful to keep them.

Taking out the polaroid we took on our first anniversary. And the bottle of paper stars Taehyung fold for me when he moored me. I thought he was a weirdo when I noticed him staring at me all the time back in the days. Or when he would wait for me after class and write me cheesy poems in decorated cards.

Oh, I missed those days.

He was a sweetheart back then. Those days were very content and probably the best moments of my life. He was an escape for me from my family issues, he helped me forget about the negative thoughts and made me feel like there were only two of us in the world.

I traced my fingers on the cards he used to shove in my locker every week. The cute yellow ribbon on the top right-hand corner made me giggled.

Your smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Don't forget to smile today too.

Taehyung would never know how much his cards helped me get through many hard times back then. It was his cheerful and funny lines that kept me going. When we were together, he was my reason to live.

I sighed, remembering how we went separate ways now. I have to throw these away, I'm Jungkook's girlfriend, not his anymore. I can always create beautiful memories with Jungkook in the future, no?

I shoved everything back into the tin can, tomorrow, I'll throw them away.

Putting back to its original place, I brushed off the dust on my hands and stood up from the floor.

I gasped as I was startled to meet Jungkook leaning on the door frame right behind me. His was rubbing his chin with his index finger, his gaze was... intense.

"You still love him,"

Jungkook remarked. His face unreadable, the second he lifted his eyes to mine, I swallowed thickly.

"I can explain Jungkook."

"Please do, please tell me why are you still keeping pictures of him," Jungkook said, his eyes cold and hurt making me feel guilty for thinking about Taehyung all the time when I'm dating him. Putting myself in his shoes, I would feel terrible to know my another half is missing his ex.

"I just saw it and I uh— I was planning to throw it away tomorrow, really-y." I reached for Jungkook's arm. He stayed motionless, not seemed to approve my answer to his question. I know my respond sounds unconvincing but I was determined to try and love Jungkook.

"Tell me, do you still love him?"

I do.

"I— I-"

"You do, don't you?" Jungkook chuckled bitterly, resting his arms on his waist to support himself. His jaw was clenching, the blue veins on his neck visible.

I hurt him.

"I'm sorry," I bit my lips, not knowing what to say instead of sorry. I can understand if he's mad at me, he has all the rights to do so.

"Jungkook!" He stepped out of the room, grabbing his jacket from my bed and rushed to the front door despite my calling. He left the house, slamming the door shut.

I failed him.

I do not deserve him.

Mr Junglebook is angry, be careful

💜