Five

<<C h a p t e r 5>>

<<C h a p t e r 5>>

"Do you need a ride?"

The rich and calming voice was too familiar that it caused me to shiver. The voice that used to mumble sweet words and promises next to my ear, the voice that whispers uncountable I love yous and the one and only voice that tells me I'll be okay.

"Lea!" Taehyung fumbled across the mess I made in my room. I crashed everything to the floor, every object that reminds me of him. I curled up like a ball next to my bed, crying on my knees bitterly. My chest was aching so bad, so awful that I wanted to rip it off to feel nothing.

"Please, Lea." Taehyung embraced me in his warm and long arms. He kissed the top of my head, for once, I felt safe. "You'll be fine, trust me, hm?" Taehyung mumbled, his deep voice worked like magic, my tensed muscles calmed down, I felt alive again.

Taehyung locked his loving eyes with mine. From that moment I know, no matter what happens in the rest of my life, as long as he's here, I can get over it.

He muttered in my ear, "I love you."

The memories flashed in my blank mind. I stared at the man who once held me together to save me from breaking. After he vanished from my life, I was a complete loss, living every day in despair. It was weird as if seeing him again sent a message to my brain notifying me I had found my home again.

"Are you coming or not?" The deep voice spoke again.

His face plastered a cold expression, our eyes met again, this time he put on a weak wistful smile.

My left brain and my right brain argued.

There's no taxi coming!

No way you are entering your ex's car.

My rational brain wouldn't let my emotional brain win, nor my emotional brain would let my rational brain win.

So I followed my heart.

Fast and precise, I stepped into his car. "Sorry, I may dampen your seat," I explained, referring to my drained clothes.

"It's fine," Taehyung said and started to speed off.

I told Taehyung my address, he set the GPS and headed to the destination.

"I didn't know you're back from England." I nibbled on my lower lip in nervousness. They were soon ruddy and swollen because of that.

"Just came back last week." He answered.

"How come you will pass by there?" I queried. Heck, it has been ages since I've had a normal conversation with him. The last talk we shared was heartbreaking and definitely unpleasant.