Chapter 17: Jealousy Part 1

Are you guys still ok with Thorki? Let me know :)
Steve couldnt sleep that night, and well neither could Tony. They both stumbled towards their restrooms and cursed at their reflections.

"I'm such an idiot" Tony groaned. He grabbed his toothbrush and pushed away last night's dream.

"Why am I so angry over this?" Steve grabbed both ends of the sink and let out a loud sigh.

Bucky would be coming over in a few minutes, what was he going to say? Obviously he had to play it off. Maybe he was just trying to protect Tony, after all, Bucky only wanted to try it out with him. Nothing serious. After he finished he would move on and leave Tony heart broken. He had come to care for Tony, it was funny to think that not so long ago he hated Tony with a passion.

------------------------------------------------------

"Mom, I don't want to go to school today" Tony pouted as he took a seat, his mom gave him a smile and shook her head. "No silly, besides, tomorrow is Saturday"

"That doesn't really help my case...."

she laughed and picked up yesterday's mail, "I wonder how much we owe now....I didn't have enough to pay last month's light bill. It's a miracle we still have it" she laughed.

she ripped open the first bill and unfolded it.

Tony nervously shuffled in his seat, would she be happy? would she get mad?

"Tony...." she starred at the bill in disbelief, "I....I don't understand....it says here.....we....paid everything. this must be a mistake...let me call" she grabbed her phone and dialed the number.

"Hello, this is Mrs. Stark.....I have a question regarding the light bill.....you mean.....I don't owe anything? this is a mistake.....what?" her eyes widened, "I see.....thank you. goodbye"

"Tony..." tears fell from her eyes, "What did you do?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ride to school was awfully awkward for Steve. Bucky didn't seem to notice since he was texting Thor and some other friends about the party they were hosting next week.

"Aw man! I'm totally asking out Tony!" He laughed.

Steve forced a smile and laughed,"why him?", he tried to sound unbothered.

"Because...." Bucky sat up, "he's cute....you know. After my game, the way he ran up to me, it felt nice. He also has a nice figure, he's funny, nice, smart, and wealthy" he smiled at the last comment.

"A nice figure?" Steve laughed, Tony was a guy?!

"Yeah..." Bucky put his phone down. The atmosphere suddenly.

There was certain things that Bucky did that made him easy to understand.

When Bucky was happy he'd ignore the entire world and focus on that one particular thing.
When he was mad he'd stay quiet and start fights with anyone who annoyed him....which was everyone.
When he was excited he'd talk continuously until the other person literally yelled at him to stop.

And when he was nervous....he'd sit up and stop anything he was doing.

"and? Does that....disgust you?"
Steve looked away, "no...."

Bucky fidgeted, he picked up his phone again, "Steve..."
"Yeah?"
"Does it bother you....me being with Tony?"

Steve forced a laugh and shook his head, "no, not at all. I've just come to care for him. So don't hurt him"
"I won't, I'm serious" he smiled.

Steve smiled back and continued driving.
_____________________

Tony finished explaining the entire situation to his mom, well....not entirely.

"I helped him with his problems and he agreed to help with ours"
"But Tony! We were in a big debt! That was asking for too much!" She huffed angrily.
"Mom, relax, don't worry. I tried telling him no but he wouldn't listen. Besides, I am paying him back for his troubles"
"How?" She put her hands on her hips and glared at her son.

"I'm helping him with a business project" he smiled.
"What kind of business project?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Designing a new...." he couldn't say weapon, "ring"

"Ring? You mean like jewelry?"
"Yeah, it's a fashion business. We're trying to bring old fashioned rings back into style"

"Really? Let me see a design"
Tony quickly grabbed his wedding ring and showed it to her, "what do you think?"

She smiled and picked up the small metal ring, "it's nice, but....it's missing something"
"What?"
"I don't know, something memorable. When the couple buy the ring they should have something engraved into it. Like maybe some of the first words they spoke to each other"

Tony thought about Steve. What were some memorable words.....

"I have to marry you in order to receive my inheritance!"
"I love Peggy"
"We can get a divorce after"

The last one made him laugh.

"What's so funny" María laughed.

"Nothing, just thinking about something Steve said" he smiled.

Maria smiled softly while looking at her son, he seemed different. Brighter. Happier.
Whatever was the cause of this, she hoped it never left his side.