"Y/N, you deserved and deserve so much better than him. He always treated you like you weren't capable of holding yourself up. And you are. You're an absolute gem, and if losing Beck is what needed to be done for you to fully realize it, then so be it," Steve smiled, reaching his hand halfway onto the table. You took his hand, holding it as you continued to eat.

"Did you really mean it when you said I could stay here, no catches?" You quietly asked, an immediate nod coming from Steve as a response. You smiled, already knowing that this night with Steve was going to be better than your entire relationship with Beck.

"You're the best."

.

Months passed and you had finally fully moved in with Steve. One day you knew Beck wouldn't be at the apartment, you snuck in with Steve and packed every single thing that was yours. Steve was more than glad to help you out, in fact, your additional furniture definitely brought the apartment to life.

"Steve, I'm back from work!" You announced, dropping your back next to the front door as you closed the door behind you. Steve peeked his head over to your direction, waving as he saw you walk in. You heard some soft music coming from the record player you two had bought, and the smell of the food Steve was making.

"Whatcha making? It smells great," You put your hair up, walking up to the kitchen and stood behind Steve, looking over him and at the pans that occupied the stove.

"I just made some pasta with a sauce I kinda just made. It's pretty good, not gonna lie. And I decided to make some chicken along with it, there's some of the leftover sauce from the pasta if you wanted some extra," Steve pointed his head to a little plastic bowl off to the side. You smiled, hugging Steve.

"You know me so well, I'm gonna go change and I'll join you for dinner," You quickly said before going to change.

While you were on your way to the bedroom, you looked back in Steve's direction as he went back to what he was previously doing. In a way, he looked peaceful as he focused on the food, making sure it was enjoyable for the two of you. You smiled, finally opening the door to your shared bedroom. Since it was a one-bedroom apartment, you had to share beds this whole time, which you didn't mind. Steve was more than nice to have even let you stay in the first place, so you had nothing to really complain about.

In all honesty, if you thought about it, you sort of had a crush on him. He was always so gentle, so kind. He would open doors for you, order food for you, and generally do things to sweep you off your feet figuratively. You pushed it aside usually, you were sure it was just because he was always the one person to be there for you through your hardships. With all this, you couldn't help but feel your heart skip a beat whenever he did something nice for you.

You came back outside, seeing Steve serve your food on your plate for you. You smiled, finally walking up to the table and starting your meal. As you both ate in peace, Four Tops softly played in the background, the record player softly spinning the record on it. You occasionally would lock eyes with Steve, the both of you giggling as you got back to eating.

When you were done, Steve took your plate and washed his along with it.

"Oh, c'mon Steve, let's dance! I love this song," You laughed, dragging him to the empty space in the middle of the kitchen as "I Got A Feeling" by Four Tops began. He was caught off guard, but nonetheless, he held you close as you both spun around joyfully. He gently put his hand on your waist, the other hand holding yours as you held his with one of yours, the other resting on his shoulder.

"That feeling, feeling, got me rockin' and a reelin', oh, I'm crazy 'bout your love buttercup, your kind of love, can't get enough," The song played as you both danced in each other's arms. There was an exhilarating feeling as Steve spun you and dipped you down, it was a feeling you know you haven't felt in a long time. As you brought you back up from the dip, you both looked into each other's eyes.

Without a thought, you closed the gap between you and him, your lips on his. Steve immediately kissed back as the hand you had on his shoulder cupped his cheek. He brought you closer, your bodies now against each other as you kissed. It felt like absolute bliss, every second was like you were dreaming.

You both pulled away, looking at each other as you both grinned like you had gotten the best news in your life.

"That was.. kind of nice," Steve admitted, chuckling as you both kept dancing hand-in-hand. You laughed, feeling your face grow warm as you hid your face in his chest. His embrace was comforting, everything about him was.

"Steve, I think I like you, as more than a friend, that is," You laughed, finally looking up at him.

"I could say the same about you, Y/N," Steve smiled down at you, pulling your face up to look at him. You cupped his cheek, smiling as you both kissed again.

"I promise you I'll treat you like the princess you are. I couldn't imagine treating you as less," Steve practically whispered, kissing your forehead as you swayed back and forth.

"You already treat me like one, Steve. You have nothing to worry about," You chuckled as you both continued to dance and eventually fell asleep on the couch together.

Steve woke up with you in his arms, smiling at the sight of seeing you so comfortable. He closed his eyes again, finally falling asleep peacefully.