the fiancé - r

a/n: request made by @Tink9988! for some reason it won't let me tag u so i really hope u can see this :'(

——

You worked at a corporate office for a big company in New York. You were a salesperson for the company, however, you found yourself being involved in the gossip of your co-workers.

"So, Y/N," One of your co-workers began. "While we're on the topic, how's your love life?"

You rolled your eyes playfully, trying to think of anything. If you replied with the usual 'I don't have anyone, too busy', you knew they would try to set you up with a guy who worked there. And you were kind of tired of it.

"Uh, well," You started, feeling at your lip. "I.. have a fiancé."

Everyone gasped at their desks as they heard the words slip out of your mouth.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Another one of your co-workers nearly shouted, his face beaming a bright-red shade as you laughed.

"I wanna keep you guys surprised, I guess," You chuckled as you turned back to your desktop and began to work.

"Oh, c'mon Y/N, you're really not gonna show us pictures?!"

Shit.

"Oh, I thought you'd never ask," You exclaimed, taking your phone out. You opened your camera roll, going through various pictures. Then, you scrolled to the right one. It was Steve, your best friend and the man you had the biggest crush on. He would take your phone when you would get up and do something when you two hung out at your apartment. You showed them this photo:

 You showed them this photo:

And everyone gasped.

"He's so cute, Y/N!" Someone applauded from afar.

"The cutest," You agreed, nodding your head as you glanced at the photo again. It was strange acting like Steve was your fiancé, though you didn't find it difficult to express the feelings you had for him.

"Y/N, you know we're having the office party in a couple of days, right?" The co-worker beside you asked. "You have to bring him."

"Already ahead of ya," You responded and twirled back to your work station and typed up some emails. The hours passed until lunch came, in which Steve came unexpectedly and invited you to lunch. As your cheeks grew warm and pink, your co-workers looked over to your direction and whispered to one another.

"Captain America's Y/N's fiancé," They would all say, giggling to each other and feeling proud of Y/N in secret. Steve noted the whispers as everyone in the office would glance over to the two, but decided to push the thought back as you both left the office and went to get lunch.

As you two settled into a booth at your favorite Chinese place, Steve took a sip from his cup and cleared his throat.

"Hey, Steve?" You asked, remembering the promise you made to your co-workers earlier that day.