iced coffee

a/n: based on a true story. i'm not proud of it.

italics for this one will be u dreaming

——

You made your way to the kitchen. You were craving something cold, but not something you'd chew. You were too lazy for that right now. Ice cream? No. Smoothie? Getting there.

You looked at the bottle of creamer inside of the refrigerator and it seemed like a light bulb lit over your head. Iced coffee!

You grabbed it and took out a glass cup. You used the ice machine built into the fridge to get some ice and then filled the cup with water. You drank from it and opened the creamer.

There was none.

You deeply sighed, setting the empty bottle of creamer to the side. You went back to the fridge to see if there was any other bottle.

There was no other bottle.

You clenched your fists and closed the fridge door. Then, you felt a burning sensation at your palms, fire beginning to form. They were your powers, you could summon and manipulate fire if you were pissed off enough.

"Y/N?" You heard a voice. You looked around you to see who it was, but there was nobody. The whole room began to shake with you in it.

"Y/N!" Steve whisper-yelled as he shook you. Steve's hair was messy, but cute. You woke up slowly and finally came to your senses. You felt the same burning sensation you felt in your dream. You looked at Steve's shirt and noticing the burnt fabric where you had your arms previously laid on him.

"Shit," You mumbled, rubbing your eyes. "I'm so sorry, Stevie."

"It's okay, sweetheart," He reassured as he pulled you closer. "Just don't kill me, okay?"

You lightly chuckled, resting your head in the crook of his neck. "I'll try not to."

There, you fell asleep in each other's arms.

——

After waking up later that morning, you went to the kitchen and did the same as your dream. It left you craving what your dream self almost burnt the tower over. Luckily, there were two, full bottles of creamer.

You happily sighed as you poured caffeine into your cup and mixed it. You took your cup to the dining table where you were mindlessly scrolling through twitter. You decided to make a joke about your dream.

@mcuy/n tweeted: i had a dream last night where there was no creamer for my iced coffee left and i burned down the house. i don't even like iced coffee that much?? idk

You chuckled at yourself, you were kind of hilarious. Then, switching out of twitter and onto snapchat, your cup slipped.

It felt like within a millisecond, your practically filled cup of iced coffee was everywhere.

"Tony's gonna kill me," You sighed under your breath as you picked the now empty cup up and put it in the sink.

"You need help there?" Steve chuckled as he entered the kitchen.

"Yeah.." You mumbled as you crossed you knelt to grab a couple of rags from under the sink.

"After this, I'll get you a new one okay?" Steve reassured as he softly kissed you on the lips.

"Thanks, Stevie," You smiled as you headed to the mess you made.

——

a/n: ahh i don't really know how else to thank u all for 5k reads!! i haven't been consistently active on here since about 2015 and coming back to support and everyone sending me wonderful messages is so heartwarming.

i love u all and i hope u have a wonderful day/night <3