Chapter Four: Doctor Who?

A/N: "It won't take me over a month to update," I said, you know, like a liar. I'm very sorry, I don't think I was sane back then.

Anyway, I decided to take a break from social media and start a healthy routine (surprisingly), which helped reduce stress and focus on other things rather than moping around and taking naps. I hope you guys are also doing well during the break, spending some time outdoors and/or starting new hobbies to kill time :) Just make sure you're also content with your choices. At last, I wish this chapter satisfies you guys!

Disclaimer: There is an oc in this chapter, but they'll only appear a bit so it's minor. However, I wrote about this oc in one of the DannyMay tropes so if you'd like to learn more about them and understand their relation, I suggest reading the first chapter of  my DannyMay Oneshots book. Danny met her before so that's why there'll be a bit of confusion for those who haven't read it!

~~~

3:27 pm, Monday Afternoon

Shock. Confused. Hurt. These were the three main emotions the poor boy was experiencing after being hit with the truth. He didn't want to believe it, a simple blood test wasn't going to suddenly turn his whole world upside down in just a day. He wasn't going to let it happen... or was he?

He can always just stay quiet about it and pretend the conversation never happened. He just won't mention it to his parents. Things would surely be back to normal in no time. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut, that's it. Eventually, he'll forget about the event in a year, pass it off as a joke or a strange occurrence. After all, nobody knew about this except for Mr. Lancer and himself. Of course, the teacher didn't want to dig deeper into the situation and seemed as uncomfortable with the results, maybe more, as Danny. Mr. Lancer didn't actually care, he was maybe a bit confused and shocked, but so will he forget.

Danny staggered down the hallway, his expression now blank, mainly because he didn't know what to think of the situation. It was bizarre indeed, and so unexpected. The boy hadn't seen this one coming, even getting his ghost powers wasn't the least shocking compared to this, and that said a lot. Danny desperately wanted to believe that everything will be okay and that things will go back to normal in time, but that little hope he clung onto was useless. Things would never go back to where they were after this, even if he kept it to himself.

The boy badly wanted to curse the universe for inflicting such nonsense, the damn school, even Mr. Lancer for revealing the truth to him. He banged his fists on a nearby locker, causing a crease to form that Danny didn't give two flying flips about. If someone saw him use his inhumane strength right now, he wouldn't care. Even revealing his secret identity wouldn't have been as bad as this, despite what the GiW would do to him. He always had time to deal with them later, but he can't do it now with his current problem. He couldn't run away, ask for help, no matter how much he desired to. Not telling his parents about it was part of that plan. He'd run away and not face them, afraid to hear what might come out of their mouths. Afraid of them discussing the truth to him and having to hear every single word said. It would be unbearable, and he'd rather be ignorant, even if it meant pretending to his 'parents' that everything's fine. He can always come up with a million excuses regarding his weird behaviour, and now that they know his secret, he'll just blame in on ghosts fights and they'll believe him.

But how will he act? Will he be able to pull up the facade during family nights? Can he still hug them knowing he's not their 'real son'? Does he even have the right to call them 'mom' and 'dad' anymore?

Danny could feel something wet rolling down his cheek. He touched his face to find them shockingly warm. Horrified somebody might seem him in such a state, the boy quickly wiped his face with the sleeve of his red jacket and took out an old tissue from his pocket to dab the stinginess in his eyes. He didn't need to look at a mirror to know they were red.