Robbing a Store (chapter 16)

Claire's POV
So after we got back home, I blocked Dally out.(that means ignore). I basically locked everyone out. They kept trying to talk to me, but I was just ignoring them. I went to bed after that. I was so upset for two reasons. 1)Ponyboy didn't let me run away.
2)Dallas hurt my feelings.
They weren't going to get away with it. I was still going to run away. Two Bit said he would sleep in front of the door. Darry and Steve by the windows. Dallas in the bathroom by the window. Soda in the kitchen. And Ponyboy on the bedroom floor. They all slept in specific places to make sure I don't leave. But, they left out one specific place. Ponyboys bedroom window. If Ponyboy slept on the floor, I could sneak past him and jump out the window, since they always left it open. I had a plan. At exactly 4:17 a.m, I would sneak out the window, run 8 blocks northeast, and rob the all night thrift shop, since there open 24\7. I changed into short jeans shorts, a tank top, kept my hair in a braided ponytail, and kept my switchblade with me. It was 3:58 now. I waited. The boys fell asleep in 2 minutes flat. It was 4:00 sharp now. I wanted to leave, but I had to wait a little longer. 4:12. There is 5 minutes left. 3 seconds, 2, and 1. It was 4:17 now. I was thin, so I easily slipped out of the window. I was careful not to wake Ponyboy up. I sighed. "I love you, Ponyboy. And I'm so sorry." I said quietly. I jumped out the window. I ran the 8 blocks to the thrift shop. "Hey, uh, missy. Don't you think it's too late out for you to be here." The clerk said. I walked in opening all the pill jars and ripping up magazines. "You know, if you rip those up you have to pay for them." he said. "Give me the money. GIVE ME THE MONEY!!" I yelled. I pulled out my blade. "Ok, here. Just please don't hurt me." he begged. I backed out the door slowly. When he was out of sight, I took a break for it. I looked back and he was calling the cops. Typical. I ran to the lot. I could hear the cops trailing behind me. They stepped out of their cars. I was surrounded. I ran all across the other side of the lot. They started running after me until one caught up. "Hey, what were you thinking? Going out at this time of night, robbing a thrift shop." the cop said. "Listen, you're gonna have to go to prison for that. We heard you're on the New York most wanted list." He said. He cuffed me and led me to the police car. I sat inside and in no time we were at the police station. They led me to a cell and asked for my guardians name and phone number. "His name is Darrell Curtis." I said. He dialed the number and I heard talking. "Ok, Claire is it? Darrell said he and his friends and brothers will be here any minute. You're very lucky we decided to let you go. But before we do, I need to have a word with the boys. Alone." He said. "Ok, officer." I said. He gave me a blanket. "Thanks." I said. "No problem, sweetheart." He said. Soon enough, the gang was here. I didn't look at them. They saw me and stared at me shocked. I had no regret. At least that's what I thought. I heard them talking. "Listen, boys. She seems like a good kid. We looked at her profile. Her grades are decent, comes from a nice family and everything. But, she's been to prison twice and she's on the New York most wanted list." I heard the officer say. "She's on the wanted list?!" I heard Dallas say in a hushed tone. "Ya. But, she's lucky we have decided to not press charges. You guys can take her home if you'd like." He said. "Thank you, officer." Darry said. I walked past them and ran outside. I wasn't speaking to any of them. "Claire, wait a minute. Claire!" Dally said. "What Dally? You here to tell me that you were right and I was wrong?" I yelled. "Yes exactly. You were wrong." He said. "Cmon Claire. Listen to Dally. He's right. Please." Ponyboy said. "You're just like him, Ponyboy. I can't believe you're actually taking his side. You're my boyfriend. He's just a big jerk. That's all. If you're on my side come with me. But stay if you agree with Dally." I said. He didn't move. I looked up. And I was crying. He was tear stained also. "I cant believe you." I sobbed. I took off. I took off back home.

A/N
Hey guys. I'd like to thank swift1230 for this amazing idea. I hope u like it. So now comment. Should Claire forgive Pony and Dally. Or nah??😂❤️. Comment what u think. Whichever has the most votes wins. Thx guys. I love u all.❤️
Xoxo stay gold💛
~Lara