Will you- I Cant! (chapter 8)

A/N
Hey guys. I know the chapter name is confusing but you will understand. This chapter is sort of a major part and is important. Thx💕

Disclaimer: I am not S.E. Hinton. If I was I wouldn't be writing this

*2 months later*

Ponyboys POV
I was so happy with Claire being my girlfriend so that's when I decided to pop the question. Not getting married but asking her to promise she will when we get older. Yup. That's right. I'm giving Claire a promise ring. I know she will say yes because she said she loved me and I love her too. I heard someone walk in the room. All the guys knew about it. Now was my chance. It was late at night. "Hey Claire. How are you?" I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm good and you?" She asked. "Fine. Listen Claire there's something I've been meaning to ask you."

Claire's POV
Oh my god. He said he has to ask me something. "Yes Ponyboy I'm listening. Go ahead." i said. He took the ring out of his pocket. "Claire, will you-" I cut him off." "NO, Ponyboy I'm sorry I can't." I told him. "WHY NOT?"he asked furiously, anger getting the best of him. "Im too young Ponyboy to get married." I said, hoping he would understand. "CLAIRE I WASNT PROPOSING. IT WAS A PROMISE RING. THATS IT WE'RE OVER!" He pushed me and I hit my head on the wall. He left and Johnny took after him. I didn't know where he was going. "Oh my god. What did I do. WHAT DID I DO!" I started crying. "Claire, it ain't your fault. You had no idea." Said soda. "Ya Claire he's right. Pony will turn up again. I promise." Darry said. "It's all my fault. It's all my fault."

Days have past and pony isn't here. Or Johnny. I haven't slept. I barely eat. Soda said he's writing a letter and giving it to Dally because he knows where Pony and Johnny are. All I do is think about them.

Sodas POV
I'm writing a letter to Pony and Johnny.
Dear Ponyboy and Johnny,
We need you two guys back home. We all missed you two. Claire misses you guys. Pony she had no idea. She was scared. She won't eat, sleep, and every time we try talking to her we see her blue eyes all watery and puffy. She keeps saying "it's all my fault". Please come back.

Sodapop Curtis

Ponyboys POV
I just read sodas note. I can't believe this. We have to go back but I can't face Claire like this. "Hey Johnny we're going back home." I said. "Thank goodness. I missed the gang." he said.
"Hey Johnny you know we have to go to court for running away since I live with my brothers and you killed that Soc." I said. "Ya, they'll probably let me off easy since I ain't got no criminal record." He stated. "Ya, i hope they do." I said.

*later on when pony and Johnny come back home*

Claire's POV
"Aw, pony and Johnny we missed ya." two bit said. "Ya how are you two?" They said engulfing them in a huge group hug. I stayed out of it though. I didn't say anything. Pony saw me. I was tearing up, and I left the hospital. We were at the hospital because we were told to meet them there. I got out and went outside. I knew someone was following me but I pretended not to notice. They put their hand on me. I turned around and it was Johnny. "Hey johnnycakes I missed ya." I said while hugging him. "I missed ya too Claire." he said. I was happy at least he wanted to see me again. I'm glad they're home.

A/N
Hey guys. Next chapter is also important. We find something out about Claire while she was in New York alone. Something dally doesn't know or anyone. Stay tuned. Next chapter will be updated tonight. You guys plz comment or talk to me plz. Or vote for me plz. I love u all. Plz comment or vote plz
stay gold💛
~Lara💚