Am I Alive? (chapter 11)

Claire's POV
I woke up and felt like nothing had happened at all. Then I remembered that I had been shot. I remember the gang coming and telling me. I remember seeing Dallas cry. I remember them telling me I was gonna be ok and they loved me. I remember. The nurse just walked in. "Hi sweetie. How are you feeling?" She asked. She was really sweet. "I'm fine. Thank you. So I guess these are my last few days huh? I asked. She started laughing. "No, sweetie. We got the bullet and the poison out of you. You're very lucky. Those guys out there care a lot about you." She said. "Do they know that I'm fine?" I asked. "No, but you can leave once you sign these discharge papers. They're right outside over there." she said. "Well, thank you so much. For saving my life." I said. "It's what we do. No problem." She said. I signed the discharge papers. I changed into my other clothes. These were the kind of clothes I loved. Plain and comfortable. I wore light blue ripped skinny jeans, a sweater with a heart on it, my combat boots, no makeup and a fishtail braid. *the picture is on top*
This is what I love wearing and if people can't except me for me, that's their problem. I walked out of the hospital room. I didn't want to speak to anyone at the moment. Especially Ponyboy. I stepped out the door and there they were. At first they didn't recognize me probably because of my face without makeup and different clothes. They were confused. But then I looked up, and they new it was me. "Claire, is that really you?" Soda asked. "Ya, it's me." I answered. "You're alive. YOURE ALIVE. CLAIRE, DONT YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" Dally said with tears forming in his eyes. "Ok. I do understand and I'm sorry." I said. "Don't be. It ain't your fault." Steve said. "We're all just glad you're ok." Johnny said. They all hugged me one by one. Except for Ponyboy. He just stood there and stared at me. His eyes were all red and he didn't seem like he was a dreamer anymore. I walked up to him and looked him straight in the eye. He was 5'6 so I had to look up. I hugged him with all of my power. I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands around my waist. I kissed his cheek. We had broken up but I still loved him and I wish we hadn't. "You're my best friend Ponyboy. I'm so sorry for everything. It's my fault. I should've let you continue. But I'm glad we're still friends." I cringed while saying friends.
Christmas was in 2 days. Christmas Eve was tomorrow.

*the gang walks home*

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go to eat at the diner." I said. That was a lie. I was actually going to buy their gifts. "Ok Claire. But be careful please." Darry said. I went to the local stores around town. For Two Bit I got a new Mickey Mouse muscle shirt, hair grease, and a Mickey Mouse tape. For Darry I bought new shoes (I asked for his shoe size) and a new jacket. For Steve I bought hair grease and a leather jacket. Johnny I got a pack of cigarettes, a shirt and a jacket because he only has 1. Dally I got cigarettes and a leather jacket. Sodapop I bought some hair grease and a new sweater with a hoodie. And for Ponyboy I bought cigarettes, some books, and hair grease. It was pretty expensive to buy all of this but I've been saving up. I came home and it was pretty late so I crashed on the couch opposite of Sodapop because I don't think I would be sleeping next to Pony anymore.

*the next morning*

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Oh god. That meant Sodapop was making them. That's not good because somehow they always end up green. And they are terrible. I got up and put all of their presents under the tree. I went in the kitchen and the gang was here for Christmas Eve. They were gonna sleep over tonight for Christmas. "Good morning everybody." I said really cheery. "Good morning Claire." They said. "Merry Christmas Eve." I said. "Aw Claire, Merry Christmas Eve to you too." Steve said. "Thanks. So I see Soda has made breakfast." Oh boy..... this was gonna be a long day.....

A/N
hey guys. Hope u liked it. Next chapter will be up tomorrow. I promise. And thx all for the 213 reads. More to come👍👍.
Xoxo
Stay gold💛💛💛
~Lara