Edward said that she was trying to put it together in her head before asking questions. That made Christina amused at how independent she was trying to be— but she was also worried. She didn't know how to explain immortality to a six year old. Annie knew that there was a difference between the wolves and the family— she's seen Seth's wolf more than the mother would like her to. Annie knew that Seth and Jacob were special but a different kind of special than her mother and father. One was warm to the touch, and the other ice cold.

Christina and Rosalie would make sure to put the blood in colored bottles for the babies, and whenever they could get them to drink formula, they'd put it in the clear bottles. It was just one more way of trying to hide the truth for a little bit longer.

"It's time," Alice spoke up, coming out of a vision.

Christina popped open her eyes, meeting them with Carlisle as the hummingbird heartbeat upstairs settled into nothing— much like hers did a couple months ago.

Jasper, Emmett, and Carlisle got up from their seats, and walked near the stairs. A precaution just in case Bella decided to go rampage and attack whoever was around.

Christina continued to run her fingers up and down Greyson's back as she sat up more on the couch. She rested her back against the arm of the chair. Greyson made a noise of complaint from the movement, making the mother's lips twitch.

Edward and Bella were having a very soft conversation upstairs, making Christina's shoulders relax only slightly. Bella seemed to be in her right mind and conscious of who she was and who Edward was. It was a good sign.

"Renesmee," Bella breathed out.

"She's incredible," Edward answered— Christina could hear the smile on his face.

"Where is she? I want to see her."

The men tensed as they prepared themselves to hold off Bella as Edward called out, "wait, wait. You need to get your thirst under control."

The footsteps paused upstairs as Bella registered Edward's words. "But I don't—"

"Don't worry," Edward answered. Everyone listened to their footsteps move closer to the south side of the room, where the windows were located. "It's easy. Instinctual."

In a blink, the couple was gone and into the woods, letting everyone go back to their original spot.

Greyson opened his eyes and looked up at his father as he moved back towards the couch. The newborn gave his father a smile, a pleading glint in his eye.

Carlisle held his hands out; Christina easily placed Greyson in Carlisle's arms, and watched them walk into the kitchen with a giggle.

"Momma." Annie came jumping over as she took Greyson's spot in her arms. "When is Aunty Bella gonna be better?"

Christina had to tell Annie that Bella was sick to avoid her sneaking into the office. Christina was sure that Annie put two and two together already and was comparing this time to the time Christina was 'sick'.

"Soon, baby."

Annie smiled excitedly as Carlisle came out of the kitchen with two colored bottles— one for Grayson and one for Renesmee. The little girl in Rosalie's arms opened her eyes as soon as the blonde grabbed the bottle out of Carlisle's hands. Renesmee held her hand to Rosalie's cheek, making the blonde laugh.