IT'S NOT GOODBYE

Now what if I never kiss your lips again
Or feel the touch of your sweet embrace
How would I ever go on?
Without you, there's no place to belong
Well, someday love is gonna lead you back to me
But till it does, I'll have an empty heart
So I'll just have to believe
Somewhere out there you're thinkin' of me

ROME

I decided to bring her to her house. She told me that her parents are not home until Saturday. So mas safe na ihatid ko na lang siya. Hindi naman na ako bababa kasi baka makita ako  ng driver or ng maid nila.  Bago kami pumasok sa gate ng Village nila, I parked my truck near the entrance ang hugged her to me.

"I love you Baby."

"I love you too Love."

I drove my truck inside the village. And then parked my truck in front of their house. It's past seven in the evening. Na traffic kami. Kahit na mabilis ako mag maneho. Wala pa din hindi ko pa din inabot yung six pm. Pagkaparada ko sa tapat nila, nasa labas na ang Dad and Mom niya. Shit! Akala ko ba wala sila? I looked over  to July and fear mirrored on her face.

"Don't worry, kakausapin ko sila."

"Ano ang gagawin natin?"

"Huwag kang iiyak. Huwag kang papalag sa anumang sasabihin nila."

"Okay."

I got off the truck and went to the passenger's door and opened it. July got off. We approached her parents. I was looking at her father and he was silent. And I know he is displeased. Her mom is a different thing. Pagkalapit pa lang ni July, hinatak na niya ito. And she told me that I will be hearing fromtheir lawyer. Her Dad turned his back and went in their house followed by her mom, hatak hatak niya si July. July looked back and she is already crying. Parang nangyari na to sa akin ah. Mas malala lang to. Before I turned my back, she came running to me and hugged me.

"Rome, huwag kang aalis. Huwag mo akong iiwanan. Please."

I hugged her back and told her na bumalik na siya sa Mommy niya. I promised her na hindi ko siya iiwanan. I will wait for her. Siya lang ang mamahalin ko.

"Please go back Baby. I love you, ikaw lang don't worry."

"Rome, ayoko. Ayoko, I want you here."

Before pa ako magkapagsalita ulit, bumalik ang tatay niya at hinila niya si July.

"Get in the house, July. At ikaw Mister Katipunan, sinabihan na kita. I told you na huawag mo na siyang lapitan, pero mapilit ka pa din. I warned you. Don't blame me."

"Okay sir."

"Daddy, hindi naman niya kasalanan..."

"Get in the house, July."

She reached out to me but her pulled her and dragged ger in their house. I stood there watching her. I did not know when her turned away pero all I know , all I saw was my girlfriend being dragged in their house. Hindi naman sila nagsisigaw or di naman ako sinuntok ng tatay niya. I was thinking na baka suntukin ako or pagsisigawan ako ng Mommy niya pero hindi. They still dealt with me like pissed off professionals.

I don't know how long I stood there. Until lumapit sa akin ang driver nila.

"Sir, uwi na po kayo. Sige na sir."