Chapter 11

"Yeah I think you made the right decision" Rachel claimed.

Tonight was my date with Brittany and I couldn't be more exited. I honestly thought I'd be nervous and although I had a ton of butterflies I wasn't completely freaking out. I mean, I managed to make Britt blush and be all adorably nervous so I think I'll be alright.

"Let's hope so" I said with a smile. "I really want to make Britt go 'holy shit Santana you are the hottest woman I've ever seen'" I added. Rachel just stood there with her mouth wide open.

"Holy shit Santana you are the hottest woman I've ever seen"

"Shit Brittany when did you get here!?" I said with wide eyes. I turned back to see Rachel fail to stifle a laugh, but once I got past that... Wow talk about drop-dead gorgeous.

"Your Mom let me in" She took step closer to me and after I practically dragged Rachel out of the room she put her hands around my waist. "In all seriousness though you do look amazing... as always" She said pulling me closer and giving me a wide grin.

"Aww you guys are so cute" Rach cooed with a hand on her chest.

"Rachel I love you and all, but you gotta get out of here" I told her with an eyebrow raise.

"Uh fine" She said with a huff. "I'll see you later. Bye Brittany!" She called from down the hall.

"Bye Rachel!" She called back

"You look beautiful too by the way" I said realising I haven't actually told her how good she looks. "So can you finally tell me where we're going?" I asked with puppy eyes.

"Nope" She said popping the 'p' sound. "That is for me to know and for you to find out" she added with a mysterious grin.

We just stood there for bit with Britt still holding me. Her eyes were so mesmerising I just couldn't take my stare away from them.

"We should probably get going" I mumbled not really wanting to though.

"Probably" she mumbled back.

After staring at each other for just a little bit longer Britt leant in and connected our lips. As our lips moved in sync hand made its way to the back of my neck to deepen our kiss. I think this is the longest time I've ever kissed Brittany, and I'm certainly not complaining. Her lips are amazing! i didn't even noticed that I started humming until Britt smirked into the kiss.

"We should really get going" She whispered pulling away from the kiss.

"Uh yeah. Sorry" I replied still trying to get my mind to work.

"Don't be" she said with a breathy laugh "I initiated it, and if I'm being honest I'm not really sorry" she added. "Although we gotta go now. Sunset is soon"

"Sunset?"

XXX

"Okay Britt I'm pretty sure there aren't any restaurants anyone near here. We're not even in Lima anymore!" I exclaimed.

"I know" she replied with a laugh "Don't worry I'm not planning on kidnapping you. I just wanted to surprise you" She explained.

"But whyyy" I wined "I want to know where we're going!" I huffed.

"You gonna find out don't worry. And for the record another reason I wanted to surprise you is because you look adorable when you're surprised and happy" Britt said which made my face turn red. I swear, the things she does to me.

After about 5 more minutes of driving Brittany told me to close her eyes and I felt the car stop.

"So I assume we're here?" I questioned.

"Yup" she replied before she got out of the car and made her way to my side. She opened the door and helped me out but not without giving me a peck on the lips which I'm sure made my face incredibly red. She put her hands over my eyes and she walked me out too somewhere. "Okay you can open you eyes now" She told me as she took her hands off of my eyes.

I opened my eyes and saw that we were on top of a mountain or something like that. We could see the whole of Lima from up here. I also realised why she wanted to be here for sunset. With Lima below us and the sunset in the distance it was nothing but beautiful, not to mention the person I was with made it ten times better.

"And that why I surprised you" she said looking at my face. "Also by the way, you look really good in the sunset" she added which made me turn my gaze towards her and laugh.

"This is beautiful" I said in complete awe "Thank you so much"

"Don't think twice about it" She said with a warm smile. "Now," she made her way back to the car and got something out of the boot. "Mercedes told me that you have an obsession with BredstiX, soooo" she drew out.

"You didn't!" I said to her as she laid down a blanket and took out some food from none other than BreadstiX. "Marry me!" I joked. Or maybe only joked a little...

Britt laughed then patted the stop next to her "Sit down, c'mon"

I took my seat next to her and we dug into our food.

XXX

"Wow. When I was told you liked BreadstiX I wasn't expecting you completely devour everything" Britt joked staring wide eyed at the empty BreadstiX container.

"Uh s-sorry" I replied feeling sort of nervous. Oh God she probably hates me now. She probably though I was a pig based on the way I ate! I looked over to her and the genuine smile on her face told me that I had done nothing wrong. She looked away at the stars that were now visible and took a deep breath.

"Okay, so this might be terrible so I need you to just listen okay?" All I could do is nod, I had no idea what she was talking about but I could tell that it was serious. "You are an amazing person, Santana Lopez. You're kind, sweet, caring, funny and one of the most genuine people I've met in a long time. You are very special to me and when we're together I really feel a connected, you know?" She said. She reached for something behind her and pulled out a rectangular box. "I'm just gonna get to the point" Britt said with a laugh. She then opened the box and pulled out a silver a beautiful necklace. "Santana Lopez, will you be my girlfriend?"

I'm pretty sure I felt my heart skip a beat at hearing those words. Girlfriend! She wanted to be my girlfriend! "I- this- Yes!" I screamed. I continued to tackle as I peppered her face with small pecks all while be both laughed. "Yes I'll be your girlfriend" I finalised with a smile going from from eye to eye. We finally got up but Britt still held me as I leaned into her touch.

No words were exchanged but her facial expression told me all I needed to know. I lifted my hair up so Britt could put to necklace around me. Once it was on she continued to hold me from behind. I turned my head to the side so that our lips were only centimetres apart and I couldn't take my eyes off her pink lips. I think she got the idea when she closed the distance between our mouths.

Making out with my girlfriend underneath the stars just after eating BreadstiX. Best. Day. Ever.