♡ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 ♡

Start from the beginning

"Fine." Derek glared to the man, his jaw clenched and left the duo alone. He spared a look at Dallas who seemed to be drowning in all the new information. Slipping through the front door, he knew he would see Dallie even less now. 

"What is he talking about, Dad?" Dallas glanced up at her father who had taken a seat beside her on the stairs. "How do you even know him?"

"Derek.." he trailed off, fumbling with his hands. "Derek is your Godfather, Dallie. Your mother and the Hale family used to be very close." he watched as she took in every word he spoke. "Pratically Family. But when Kate Argent set fire to the Hale House, your mother knew it wasn't safe anymore. Marilyn knew that if they were aware of Derek's kind, then they'd surely know of her.. and you too." 

Dallie attempted to speak but her throat fell dry. "She wanted all of us to flee from Beacon Hills, but she knew that the hunters would follow her til the ends of the Earth. She didn't want to put you in danger." His voice became strained. "So she left without us."

Dal's world crumbled around her. Her mother wasn't missing - but had chosen to leave.. without her. "Then.." she swallowed hard as her voice shook. "Then where is she now? I need to see her, Dad, where is she-"

James stared up at his daughter, his eyes teary and voice throaty. "Dallas, your mother died last year." 

There it was. The words that she had dreaded hearing since her mother's infamous disappearance. There was no slither of hope for her mother's return anymore. She was gone - and Dallie didn't even have chance to say goodbye. "But she loved you so much, Dallie, you know that."

Her face tightened and she avoided his look. "How?" her tone was sour. "Was it the hunters?"

"No." James tried to choke down the grief that erupted from his gut and swallowed. "Car accident." he didn't want to give away the gruesome details, as the girl had only just lost her mother. Even though she lived many years without her - she always believed that she was still out there waiting to be found. "I'm so sorry, Dallas."

She stood up and ran her hands over her face before turning back to him. "And you didn't tell me, Dad." Dallas wiped away her tears that spilled down her hot cheeks. "You never intended to, either. If it wasn't for Derek-"

"I wanted to protect you!" He stood up too and knitted his eyebrows together. "That's all I've ever done, Dallas. Derek is dangerous and you know that!" he dropped his head to the floor. "So yes, I lied to you about your mother. I didn't want you to endure the heartache that I had."

Dallas's hands dropped to her side and she stepped away from her father. "No, you stole it from me instead. You didn't even give me the opportunity to grieve." She turned her back to him and dashed through the front door. She wasn't sure where she was going - but anywhere was better than there. Deep down, the Latina knew what he was true. He was protecting her. But how much protection was too much?

"Dallie, wait!"

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Derek Hale sat on the porch with a bottle of whiskey beside him. The midnight air pricked his skin while his hot breath could be seen in the cold wind. He held the glass in his hand and stared out into the dark forestry. A few snaps of leaves and branches caught his attention as he came to a intimidating stance. "Who's out there?" he hissed, his Lycan eyes gleaming red. 

"Relax, it's just me." Dallas Garcia spoke from the clearing, Her lavender jumper hung from her shoulders and she ran her hands up her arms. She tred carefully over the sticks and towards the empty Hale residence. 

He gave her a peculiar look as she sat on the decking beside him. "What are you doing here, Dallas?" he noticed her smudged mascara and teary eyes and connected the dots. "Oh, he told you, huh?"

She inhaled sharply and tucked her hands inside of the sleeves of her jumper. "He said that you were close." she spoke gently about her late mother. "What was she like?" 

Dallas didn't remember much about her mother, not enough for her liking anyway. There was so much about her that she didnt know now and she'd never have the chance to hear it from her. Derek inhaled sharply and turned away from the Latina. "Wonderful, really." he paused. "Assertive, but a real pain in the ass sometimes." he watched as a small smile fell on her lips. "Here." he slid his glass towards her. She sent him an odd look and awaited another response. "You look like you need it."

She took the glass and raised the bitter liquid to her lips. Unusually, her face didnt scrunch up and she didn't cough. Derek knitted his eyebrows and gave her a knowing look. "You've drank that stuff before, haven't you?" he spoke like an older brother, or maybe an uncle figure, but whatever it was - it held the familiar assertance of family. 

Dallas dropped the glass to the decking and chewed on her lip. "Please don't tell my dad, he'll literally get Sheriff Stilinski to arrest me." she chuckled as he took a swig of the bottle. 

He shook his head at her and laughed. "Don't worry, kid. Your secret's safe with me." 

A few moments of comfortable silence passed by until Derek spoke again. "Why are you here, Dallas?" he gave her a simple glimpse. She lay her head on her hand and inhaled sharply. 

"I can't be around my dad right now." Dallie murmured. "But I don't have anyone else.." she halted and turned to him. The young girl watched as the werewolf's hard expression softened. "Except you." the Latina smiled warmly. "The werewolf godfather. Sounds like a Disney knockoff." She tried to lighten the mood, which worked when Derek gave her a snicker. Dallas would never forget her mother. She was her everything and time wouldn't change that. It didn't matter if it was biological or not - family was family. And family meant everything to her. "I just need someone. You know?"

He grinned at how alike she was to her own mother and nodded. "That's what I'm here for, Dallie."

word count: 1,586. ☆

A/N: short chapter srry BUT overdramatic sad scenes are my speciality