BONUS CHAPTER: I'm Your Dork

Start from the beginning

"My sweet girl," My mom smiled lovingly as tears filled her eyes.

Oh, not again.

Parents on wedding days cry more than toddlers. And I'm not even moving away.

"Mom," I whined and she quickly batted away her tears as she handed me my bouquet. Eucalyptus and fern leaves, white roses, light blush peonies and my favorite element, juniper berries.

"I'm just so proud of you Everette," She said with excitement in her eyes. "You ended the ritual, you're a strong and wise Alpha, you befriended the hunters and after accomplishing all that, you're getting married to your mate. And at the ripe old age of twenty-four."

"Thanks mom," I said as love filled my veins and burned me up with excitement. 

I had yet to feel anxious, nervous or cry. Callum and I took our time living. We rebuilt our pack together and we're stronger side by side. Even though it's only been three years since he proposed, we knew it was high time to tie the knot.

Cal was especially excited since he had the idea of eloping over the years.

And now that we're finally here, everything was falling into place perfectly.

I even got him to agree on an ice-cream wedding cake. He didn't protest the idea or even blinked. That was proof enough that he loves me and knows me.

June and Charlotte were appalled by the idea but they couldn't change my mind.

No one gets between my ice-cream and me...except Callum.

I looked around the room filled with the bridal party and my family and I felt an abundance of joy. Everyone was buzzing with excitement as they got their finishing touches.

My bridesmaids consisted of Taelyn, Daisy and June with Penelope and Charlotte as my maids of honour. Gracie, the human girl who Pen and June adopted was my flower girl. They were all dressed in dark green silk dresses with a scoop neck.

Cal's groomsmen, on the other hand, wore light grey suits with green ties that matched the girls' dresses. They even had boutonnieres made of a small white peony, fern leaves and juniper berries.

And those boys were Sam, Thor, Olly, Max and the best man was Cal's grandpa Mitch. Mitch wasn't doing too good these days, which was another reason we decided to get married now. His Alzheimer's was slowly eating away at him. There were the days he'll forget Callum.

I couldn't bare the emotions those days brought. Callum would sit next to him. A broken shell who was losing the one biological family member he had left. The person who raised him alone and brought him up to be the man he was. Standing there and not being able to help either of them always tore me into two.

There was nothing we could do to stop it.

But today he was alright and I sent a small thank you to the Moon Goddess who was otherwise selfish. At least we had today. Where he'll stand by his grandson and know his name and watch him get married.

As everyone lined up and took their places, my mom and Taelyn fixed my veil that dragged after me. I smoothed my hand down my dress, a simple but elegant light blush pink A-line dress with a deep V neckline and spaghetti straps. An intricate floral appliqué ran along the bust towards the skirt and added a beautiful sheen to the otherwise tulle material.

And on my feet were my most comfortable pair of converse that had 'wifey' written on the back. Cal's proposal gift that we've kept stored away for today. And he had his matching black pair that had the word 'husband'. I've been itching to wear it but knew they were meant for this day.