Chapter 8

Okada pinched the bridge of her nose, squeezing her eyes shut and kicking her legs up onto the table. God, the confrontation with Akabane the day before had distracted her from all this work. Glancing over at Dazai, she noticed the man-child had just let all his work pile up, as he sang along to a song blaring in his headphones about a double suicide.

"Okada-san, please put your feet down. It is very unladylike of you, " Kunikida commented.

"Oh, come on, Kunikida-kun! Lose the honorifics and live life a little! We're working in the same agency, so we might as well be friends, " Okada said in a cheerful voice, as she kept her eyes trained on the bandage wasting device next to her who was now dancing on the table.

"That would be unprofessional of me, and it would mean breaking my ideals, " Kunikida replied, not looking up from his computer.

"Haiz... I'm going to go out and take a breather, " Okada groaned, kicking her feet off the table and pushing herself off.

Kunikida paid no mind to Okada's absence after she stalked off. But after an hour, he started to get suspicious. Okada said she was taking a breather, yet she still hadn't returned. Plus, her work was piling up. Kunikida brushed it aside, thinking that Okada could handle herself.

Meanwhile, Okada was unconscious in the Port Mafia's torture chamber.

Okada's eyelids fluttered open, and she was immediately greeted with an unpleasant sight.

"Great, it's you, " Okada grumbled.

"You don't usually let yourself get captured. What's up with that?" Akabane smirked.

Okada, for some reason, started smirking. Surely Akabane wasn't this idiotic? What was she going to do, torture her to death? Okada was here to get information. She tried moving her hand around, but it was bound to the wall above her by handcuffs.

"Bruh, with one word, I could literally make you let me go. Why do you think I'm here?" Okada sneered.

Akabane scoffed. Of course, the pretentious bitch of a woman was back. One of these days, she would rip that smile off of her face. Akabane took out one of her playing cards, a murderous grin upon her face.

"Oh, believe me, I'll wait until you say it, " Akabane giggled. If she didn't have that creepy look on her face, she would have been considered cute.

In a split second, Akabane slashed Okada's arms with her single card. That in itself was scary. But one thing that she slashed along with it, was her throat.

Okada tried to croak out a word, but her voice was caught in the back of her throat. Goddammit. It was time to put a stop to things.

Stop. Okada commanded through her thoughts.

Almost immediately, Akabane jumped back, surprised by her own actions. She should have predicted that Okada's powers weren't reliant on words.

Patch me up. Okada demanded once again.

Akabane started to get the first aid kit - something she didn't know the mafia even had, and cleaned her wounds, wrapping her arms and sewing up her deeper wounds, like her throat. Gosh, Okada never knew that being slit in the throat was that painful. It felt like someone had ripped out her entire throat, even though it was simply sliced through.

Wow, wonder what has Akabane's panties in a twist. She really has gotten more vicious. Okada thought.

"You know, I admit, I was slightly jealous of how much time you and Dazai spend with one another, " Akabane sighed.

Yeah, because we're colleagues. Plus, you still have Chuuya-san or something, you know the guy who is a short as you? Okada responded using her powers.

"Of course you can use your powers again. Ugh. I'm not as short as Chuuya, though. I'm 0.9cm taller than him!" Akabane bragged.

Pfft. Chibi-chan, you're such a hypocrite. Okada snorted.

While Akabane patched Okada up, they continued with their playful banter. Finally, it was time for Okada to go. Well, at least try to go. She needed to delete all information that Port Mafia had on her and her background.

Pass me your card, and leave without harming me. Okada instructed.

"Ugh, fine. You win this time, Okada-kun. But next time, I will emerge victorious, "

Wow, using large words now, Chibi-chan? Okada teased, before taking Akabane's card and leaving for the 50th story.

As soon as she stepped out of the lift, she was hit with a gust of cold air. Brr... Server rooms certainly were cold. Thank God she was wearing her coat. Sitting down at one of the computers, she plugged in a weird-looking device, before her fingers moved swiftly against the keyboard. She took her time, of course. No one knew she was here.

Well, that's what she thought until the lift opened with a guy who had black hair with white tips.

The first thought that came to her mind, was oh shit. This was the guy that she accidentally used her powers on, or in mafia terms, attacked.

Stop and don't attack. Okada commanded, typing at the keyboard with much more haste than before.

Okada's powers had limits. If a person's will was particularly strong, they could break Okada's control over them. But if Okada's will was particularly strong, she could break any particular person. Too bad Okada was a lazy ass bi-

"You!" Akutagawa shouted, furious.

Okada had a sneaking suspicion that the man was particularly distasteful to her. Wonder why she had that feeling.

Yes, me. Can you shut up for a second? I need to do something really quickly. Okada replied telepathically. Lucky for her, her words shut Akutagawa up. Probably because of her power.

As she deleted all the files, she unplugged the device and shoved it into her coat pocket, slamming the computer shut. Just as she was about to walk to the elevator and leave, something awfully surprising happened.

She was stabbed through the stomach with some kind of dark matter.