Chapter 4: An Unexpected Friendship

Octoling Commander: Where am I...?

Rex: Finally, you are awake!

Octoling Commander: Wait, please, don't splat me...

Rex: Hey, hey, easy there! I am not going to do that.

Octoling Commander: Then, what are you gonna do to me? And also, where am I?

Rex: You are in my apartment and I have two options. One, I let you go back to Octo Valley.

Two, I let you stay here. Is your choice, but for now you are staying here.

Octoling Commander: Okay.

I could see that she was really nervous, and if you ask me, that is something you don't see in

a commander.

Rex: Hey, do you have a name?

Amber: My name is Amber but people call me Am for short.

Rex: Well Am, my name is Rex, just Rex but I am also known by Agent 3.

I did my agent pose which made her giggle. And that was a first timer.

Rex: Okay, but if you are staying here, I have to put some rules. One, you are staying in one of the guest rooms since my little brother sleeps in the top bunk.

She then looked up to notice that she was in a bunk bed.

Rex: Two, you have to be quiet since my little brother finds almost everything. And three, you can't get out of your room, okay.

She just nodded.

Rex: Okay, you I will show you your room and then we can do something. Okay?

She got out of bed and walked to the room. I showed her the a room that had a bed in it and nothing more. I also realized that she was very shy.

Rex: So, here is your room and is nothing much really.

Amber: I actually like it.

Rex: Well, I am glad you do. So, come with me to the living room and we can do something.

Amber: Okay.

We walked to the living room and sat down in the couch.

Rex: So, what you wanna do? (A/N) Dose somebody get the reference.

Amber: What is that?

She pointed to my switch.

Rex: Oh... that is my Nintendo Switch. We can play Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Amber: Okay. But, can you teach me?

Rex: Sure!

I turned on the Switch and handed her a controller. We played for some hours until we got tired and I saw that Amber was laying on my shoulder asleep.

Rex: (I have to admit, she is kinda cute. WHAT AM I THINKING???)

I slapped myself and I tried to get up, but she was not letting go. So, I turned the TV off and grabbed the nearest blanket.

Rex: (I think this is the start of an amazing friendship!)

Then I fell asleep, not knowing I was being watched.

???: So, my sister is staying with the agent. What a traitor!

The next day I woke up to see Amber still asleep.

Rex: Morning Am.

Amber: Morning.

Rex: I have to go pick up JP. You stay here and when you hear me coming, go to your room. Okay?