Flushing, Harry gulped before he stammered out a response, "I-It's nothing, really. I...I'll go owl Mrs. Weasley and ask if she could look for your dress."

Patricia nods and leaves the two boys, who shared celebratory looks, and goes out again to look for Hermione, her eyes shining and her lips stretched into a giddy smile.

-

Hermione had given her a bone-crushing hug as she shared the good news. Both girls had been ecstatic, bouncing on the balls of their feet in excitement for the Yule Ball. Lavender and Parvati had done the same, crushing the two girls and even deafening them with their high-pitched squeals. 

"This must be what the sun meant in your cup the other day!" exclaimed Lavender as Parvati nodded in agreement. "See, Hermione? Divination's useful." The bushy haired brunette only rolled her eyes, grumbling under her breath that it was not going to change her mind.

Parvati sighs, pouting, "Now I only need to find myself a date. It's almost the Ball and no one's even asked me yet!"

The three girls shared looks and patted their friend in the back, "Don't worry, Parv." She shot Patricia a harsh glare at the nickname. The demigod backs off and corrects herself, "Parvati. You'll find one, the guys are probably nervous around you 'cause you're so damn gorgeous. They're afraid they'd drool in front of you and fail to even get a word out 'cause their mouths can't seem to close."

"I reckon it takes two weeks practice, if not a month, say, not to make themselves look like a fool in front of you, Parvati. Let the poor lads prepare, Merlin knows they need it." Added Lavender with a smile.

Whatever they said seemed to do the trick. Parvati giggles, shaking her head, "You guys are the best."

"We know." they replied in unison, sharing fits of giggles after, all giddy with excitement at the upcoming ball and the dances they would share with their potential lovers.

Looking for a particular blonde, Patricia sneaked off the Gryffindor tower and headed to the Astronomy tower. She remembered the rumors circulating around the castle about how he had been rejecting girls who had been asking him left and right because he had been waiting for her answer. It seemed as if he needed a more direct 'no' from her. Apparently,  'ask me again and I'll punch you in the face' wasn't direct enough. 

Scanning the seemingly empty expanse of the tower, Patricia sighs as she turns to leave. "Leaving, Waterson?"

Green met gray as soon as Patricia turned to the source of the sound. There, stood Malfoy, his usually slicked back hair tousled around carelessly. He looked different. A pretty dam(n) good different.

Patricia stayed silent, opting to just let the male talk. Her eyes took in the other version of Draco Malfoy that people would rarely, if not at all, see. It was the side of him that Patricia liked to think had the chance of making women's panties drop to the floor.

"I'm still waiting for your answer, you know."

Patricia sighs and drops her head, "Sorry."

Malfoy huffs, "Whatever. So, do you have one already or do I have to wait until the Ball is over to have it?"

The word came tumbling out of her mouth before she could even think twice, "I can't. I...I'm going with someone else."