fourteen.

CATHARSIS

Patricia's fight against the centaur she finally knew to be called Gunther left a rather deep emotional and mental scar to the demigod. The first few nights consisted of horrible nightmares that made her question her own sanity and morals. The only thing that kept her sane was the idea of going home, and perhaps the company of a certain messy haired bespectacled boy.

It was in those nights filled with restlessness and distress that they sought each other's company, knowing that they, more than anyone else, understood what it felt to be tormented by dreams of foreboding, ominous happenings. And that night was not unlike the others, which they have shared countlessly, with the dimly lit fireplace of the maroon colored Common Room as their witness.

"We've seriously got to fix our sleeping schedule," mumbled Patricia tiredly, snuggled against Harry's chest. The boy only hums, running  a hand through his unruly black hair and fixing his glasses. Leaning closer, she hears it ㅡ the soft, rhythmic thuds of Harry's heart, ones that never failed to soothe the weary aftereffects the night terrors brought. 

Confidence boosted by the exhaustion the day had given and the haziness the comes with a sleepy mind, the bespectacled boy pulls the girl closer. Then, twirling a strand of Patricia's chocolate brown hair, Harry murmurs, "I don't really think I'd want to...at least not if it means I get to spend evenings with you like this."

From beside him, Patricia stiffens, her cheeks tainted red as she hopes desperately that the male would be oblivious to the ridiculously fast beating of her heart. She knows that she likes Harry, but sleepy Harry on nights like these was probably her favorite. No one could ever argue that this wasn't his most endearing form ㅡ open and unhindered as they bask in the solace each other's company brought, away from prying eyes and dangers unknown. 

"Confident, are we, Greenie?" teased Patricia, her eyes flickering upwards to see the innocent smile on Harry's face. The male shakes his head, a small, breathy chuckle leaving his lips, his chest heaving as he did. A smile akin to one of lovesickness forms on her own, as she realizes then that she'd give anything if it meant that the innocent joy seen in the smile on his face never disappears. "But I agree, which is very hypocritical of me seeing as I was the one who suggested it. Then again, you always have a way of bringing out that side of me, did you know that?"

Shrugging, Harry replies, "Does that mean I bring the worst out of you? Now, that's not good, is it? If others hear they'd think I'm a bad influence, and then they'd take me away from you, I'm afraid."

Patricia sighs dramatically, "Oh, how awfully tragic. I guess I should go pack my bags and get far  away from you, then." 

Meeting gazes, the two shared amused, knowing looks before sharing a fit of muffled laughter. Their war torn eyes that have seen harrowing monsters and gut-wrenching sights light up with an uncharacteristic childlike innocence and carefree merriment. 

Sitting up, the brunette turns to Harry, the ghost of a laugh still on her face as she takes his hand in hers. The male raises an eyebrow, his emerald green eyes glinting amusedly behind his round specs. Then, with all the courage she could muster, Patricia spoke, "Harry, remember how I told you before that I wasn't at all upset that you kissed Charice ㅡ whatever her name is ㅡ at the Yule Ball?"

Harry raises an eyebrow. Patricia sends him a sheepish smile, "I wasn't being entirely truthful. I was so upset seeing her do that. And a part of me wanted to storm right over and rip her right off of you. Maybe sneak it a little glare to tell her to back off."

The bespectacled boy grins, squeezing her hand gently, "Just so you know, if you had done that, I wouldn't have minded it at all."

The demigod takes in a deep breath as she prepares to release all the pent-up emotions and thoughts collected from the stolen glances from across the halls, classes and whatnot, fleeting touches that never fails to send shivers down her spine, and flirty banters spoken in hushed tones. The words tickle her tongue silly as Patricia attempts to control herself from vomiting secrets that she was burdened to carry the second she landed in this strange, new world.