三十

WARNING!

- Swearing

- Violence

- Blood

.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••..•.•.•.•.••..•.•.••.•.•.
『2nd Person』
.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••..•.•.•.•.••..•.•.••.•.•.

You lay down the male— who was still unconscious—onto one of the trees. It took you awhile, but you tried your best. Standing from your crouching position, you look at the house behind you. Wondering how many people have been captured and brought there. You were sure that they weren't alive, seeing how deep the wounds on the males arms, You were sure that they lost a lot of blood. To the point where they would die. 'Lives can truly be lost many times in just a month...' You look away from the house, laying your eyes onto the dirt ground.

Those were the words your guardian said.

For some reason, when she started training you. She always told you things in such weird and odd ways, that you wouldn't understand from your age. There were also times where you even tried to figure out but soon gave up and did whatever in your free time.

However, one of her odd sentences stuck with your mind ever since it came out of her mouth.

.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••..•.•.•.•.••..•.•.••.•.•.

You swung your wooden katana, sweating from how long you were swinging it and your arms almost felt like they were gonna fall off from all the aching.

Man did you not expect your training to be this hard.

After awhile, just when you're about to get to your limit, a voice rings out as it called your name.

You halt your swinging.

When you look behind you, you see your guardian standing there with her arms crossed. "That's enough training, you're good for the rest of the day." The old lady tells you. You drop your wooden katana, falling on your back. You sigh as you shut your eyes, finally able to get rest from the harsh training since sunrise.

"(Y/n)."

You hum in response, too tired to even answer her with words.

"The decisions you make today will not just affect your tomorrow, but will determine your future." The old lady randomly says that out of the blue, making you knit your brows together in turmoil.

Then she acts like nothing happened and stays silent.

"(Y/n)."

But decides to keep talking again, like the odd and mysterious woman she is. A hum was her reply.

"I've been thinking, do you want a mask?" The old lady asked, sitting down next to the young, (H/c)-haired, child.

You open your eyes, staring up at the sky that was slowly turning orange.

'A mask...' You ponder, nibbling gently on your bottom lip. It took you awhile to answer, but the old lady was patient and didn't mind. You nod, giving a 'yes.' to the older female. She hummed, standing up and walking away. You stay put where you were, silently enjoying the silence and forest sounds. 'It's been a month since I've been taken in,' You thought, you always counted the days, thinking it'd be better to know how long you've been taken in by the old woman. You felt better than ever when you left the village. You weren't hungry like you used to be, didn't have to be annoyed with whispers about you every day and didn't have to steal food before running away to not get caught. You felt the corner of your lip twitch upwards. Realizing that the sky was getting darker and darker slowly, you get off of the ground, dusting off the soil on your clothing. Grabbing the wooden katana, you walk away, going down the path that lead to the small cabin you lived in with the old lady.