Questions Jeno Cannot Answer

Chapter 11 | Questions Jeno Cannot Answer

Today was the day.

The whole last week was circulated for this very day and it was an understatement to say Jaemin was nervous. He really wasn't that very competitive, especially to Jeno because the older boy was literally his weakness.

But he daringly challenged first and there was no way he could back up right now when the price for the victory was something he always wanted. In addition, he didn't want to give up that easily when Lucas gave him extra hours for the practices.

He'd take that very slim chance to show how different he could be in Jeno's eyes than just someone he knew for his entire life.

Jaemin took a long shower in the morning in hope for starting with relaxation so he would be calm. He even did yoga by waking up early.The nervousness in his stomach did not stop though. After that, he changed into school uniform and sneaked his gym clothes into the bag. He didn't want his mom to know about this.

For real though, he had been chanting how much he wanted to let his and Jeno's family know his true feelings for the older but when the chance came, he foolishly threw it away. He wasn't confident enough to tell his mom that Jeno stole a special space in his heart. He was unfortunately playing it safe.

The whole family genuinely thought Jaemin was still their little baby. As much as he loved the way he was babied by both families, he also wanted to prove that he was capable of loving someone. And that someone-thought it might be unbelievable for them–was Jeno.

"Nana..what's taking you long? The food's gonna be cold"

A voice from downstairs replaced his thoughts and Jaemin grabbed his backpack and books downstairs.

The day is going to favor him....right?

💋

"Of course not!"

Jaemin weakily sighed at that. The older was being so confident into himself, which was a great thing usually but for today, let's just say Jaemin had to wish for the best.

"Can't you at least go easy? It's not fair"

He complained with a pout and saw the older smirking.  Jeno was just too gorgeous in Jaemin's eyes. Today was no difference. In fact, he even looked better today with a styled hair. Usually he messily did not care about his hair but today, Jeno styled it with gel and his neat forhead was shown.

"It was you who challenged me first. Where did that confidence go?"

He smoothly parked the car and it bumped up a bit from the stop. Jeno instantly reached out his one hand over Jaemin's shoulder and held him not to let his body move. It was his habit whenever he hit the brake or stop the car just in case Jaemin might hit something.

Jaemin clinged on to that hand and put his face on the palm with a cute pout.

"Jenmoong hyung.."

Jeno gulped and felt the need to get out of this place. His focus was all reserved on how the little one's lower lip was drawing downward to make a sad frowning face. His glittery eyes sent him unknown signals and Jeno knew he has been trapped in those magical wonderland.

He coughed awkwardly and took his hand away by force.

"S-stop it. Doesn't work that way Jaemin. If you don't want to compete, then don't. "

Jeno took his backpack from the back seat and exit the car. He caught a noticeable amount of air into his nostrils and exhaled back the almost same amount.