Nana's Kiss for Effort

Chapter 9 | Nana's Kiss for Effort

Little birds flapped their wings and swayed their bodies to fly along with the wind. The morning started out as simple as that but human minds were not always easy like that.

Jeno knew his alarm was ringing and his mom has already knocked on his door to wake him up. Usually he'd get up and prepare for the day but he felt like staying in bed today.

Soon enough, another consecutive knocks sounded off his door and Jeno annoyingly kicked out the pile of blanket he was wrapped into.

"Mom!!!! Please...just five more minutes"

He didn't care anymore. He already decided two seconds ago that he'd just sleep in.

But the voice behind the door literally shook his nerves and woke him up.

"Hyung..It's Nana"

Jeno did not even know when he sat up on the bed. Honestly, he was even surprised by why he was surprised to hear the other's voice early in the morning.

Perhaps, he didn't expect to see him this soon after the long dream last night but he would rather shut up about it than to react.

"Hyung, Nana will come into the room now" he announced and then entered with the brightest morning smile ever.

Although he didn't want to acknowledge it, Jeno was sure that he calmed down by a lot seeing the smile. It was peaceful and angelic, sincere and generous.

"Wae? Are you not going to school today? Then Nana will have to take a bus.."

He pouted and took a seat at the edge of Jeno's bed after picking up the peacefully lying blanket on the floor. 

Seeing the little one turning his face to him, Jeno quickly dodged the eye contact and laid down on the bed once again—this time,pulling the blanket Jaemin just picked up for him.

"Hyung .. are you really not going? Nana will have to take the bus for after school too if you don't. "

He slowly raised up and entered the bed, crawling next to Jeno who had his eyes closed.

Not saying a word, Jaemin observed the handsome face.

He loved how adorable and attractive Jeno was. Even with the messy hair, Jeno looked extra gorgeous and if he felt like going with glasses and not eye-contact, even better.

He got thinner over the years especially on his face because he lost his baby fat by then whereas Jaemin still had his squishy baby fat on.

He made himself comfortable to fold his legs and sat on the bed, facing Jeno and listening to his constant breathing. Watching him sleep was one of Jaemin's hobby but he never really let Jeno knew that because he always did that secretly.

"Hyung..you are pretending to be asleep."

Jaemin extended out his hand and spreaded his fingers to gently brush the older's soft hair. To him, it was the most comforting feeling and he expected nothing less to give it to Jeno.

For a good minute, Jaemin sat there—silently brushing Jeno's hair and watching him drifted back to sleep.

Why is he so gorgeous?

Appreciation on the boy's beauty blossomed like the prettiest flower in his heart and Jaemin realized he really was falling deeper everyday for the older boy.

How he wished he knew though. But it was also partially his fault for not doing anything, even to approach him as a different person than just a clingey younger brother. He admitted that his affections lasted the same for a long time and there was a large possibility that Jeno did not aware of his change in feeling but not in action.