Layla: "Yes, water, please," I said, following her, occupying one of her kitchen stools.

She nodded and proceeded to grab a glass from the cupboard. While she was distracted, a ginger cat hopped up on the counter to greet me before it began to groom itself.

Crystal: "Hey, hey, you know better." She said, putting down the glass to pick up her cat. "Not in front of the guest. At least introduce yourself before flashing them." She said, cradling her cat in her arms.

Layla: "It's ok." I giggled. "He greeted me," I said, enjoy how happy she seemed, holding him.

Crystal: "Good job." She whispered, kissing him before letting him go.

Layla: "What's his name?" I asked.

Crystal: "Elmo." She said, pouring me some water.

Layla: "Aw, what a cute name." I said, looking at him as he rubbed up against Mochi.

She smiled before handing me the glass.

Layla: "Thanks." I said, taking a sip before getting up. 'Oh, that was a bad idea." I said when my muscles reminded me of why I was at EXPG for 7 hours.

Crystal: "What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

Layla: "Yeah, sort off. I'm just really sore." I answered.

Crystal: "From what?" She asked.

Layla: "Oh, that's a whole long story." I said, not wanting to bother her with the details.

Crystal: "Ok, shoot, I have time." She said, helping me to the couch.

Layla: "You sure, it's pretty long." I precursored.

Crystal: "Yes, I'm sure. Let me get you some pain killers first." She said, walking back to the kitchen.

After taking the pills she gave me, I began my grand tale. She was a great listener. I ran through my experiences in Japan since I landed until tonight.

Crystal: "Honestly, you should write a book about this. I'd buy it."

Layla: "Thanks." I giggled. "I would, but sex sells, and I haven't gotten any. So unless I make this a sci-fi/thriller/romance/young adult, the only ones who will buy it are you, and maybe Takanori." I joked.

Crystal chuckled a bit, but her expression was lacking. Every time Takanori was mentioned in my story, her demeanor would change. I was curious as to why, but I was more curious about why she ran out yesterday.

Layla: "Hey, on a more serious note. Yesterday when I left you with Takanori, you stormed out. Why?" I asked. "It seemed like you knew him."

Crystal: "Oh, that. Yeah, umm, I met him before a couple of years ago. It's nothing you should worry your head over". She said, trying to dismiss the topic. "We just can't seem to be in the same book, on the same page, you know what I mean?"

Layla: "Uh, not really." I said.

Crystal chuckled to herself.

Crystal: " Don't worry about it, that's old news now. I won't be running into him again anyways.

Layla: "Is that purpose work?" I asked, wondering If she wanted to avoid him.

Crystal looked at me for a moment before speaking again.

Crystal: "Who knows." She said, resting back on to the couch, looking up at the ceiling.

After significantly bringing down the mood of the room, I worked at repairing the atmosphere. Even though I was curious about Crystal and Takanori's past, I let it go for now. I came here to know more about my sister, and that's what I planned to do.

Layla: "So tell me what you do know." I said.

Crystal: "Like what?" She questioned.

Layla:" I don't know. What's your favorite color or ice cream flavour. Maybe we have somethings in common." I said, trying to get her talking again.

Taking my bait to liven up the room, she opened back up, and we shared favorites and dislikes with each other. Even though we had drastically different upbringings, it was comforting to know she had good taste. We liked a few of the same things, and most importantly, she ate her Wendy's fries the same way I did, dipped in a chocolate frosty. I also found out she used to dance. She heavily insisted that she wasn't on my level, but she never proved it. We stumbled on to the topic of Chris and Zach, and she told me they were now on her hit list, which for some reason, made me happy to know that I had someone who even cared enough to get upset.

We talked until we started to get delirious from tiredness, and our sentences were no longer making any sense. Opting for an impromptu sleepover, we were out cold, sprawled out on the bed, in seconds.