𝐟 𝐨 𝐮 𝐫 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧 : 𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣

Start from the beginning

"What else can you do?" Amber squealed, making me roll my eyes.

"And that's my cue." I deadpanned before turning around to face the empty circle places in the middle of the ballroom. I couldn't believe what I was about to do.

At these I really wished to see Zari for some reason, he's becoming like my stress buster. Every time I'm nervous, his mere touch can help me so much.

I guess that's what happens between soulmates, but I haven't seen him at all tonight. I wanted to ask Amber about it, but she was already occupied with David.

Was I really going to dance in front of royalty?

Alone!?

With all eyes on me?

I mean, not that it's already not, but still!?

"Come on, you'll do great." Amber cooed, pushing me towards the empty space, as people made a pathway for me among themselves, staring at me in question, and I bit my lip and continued to quietly walk into the centre.

All these pale faces in marine colours while a tan me in a bloody dress is like super blending.

Don't you think?

This is the day I die.

Rest in peace Diana.

"Wait, she's doing the dance?" A voice sounded surprised.

"Isn't she human?" Apparently so.

"I wonder how she's going to be..." I wonder that too my dear friend.

"If she's not doing it good enough, I'm leaving." No pressure, it's not like I have to chance to ruin the King's coronation or anything.

Nothing like that at all. Sweet.

"What about the regular dancer? Where is she?" I should really visit Grace after all these years, I wonder if she herself found her mate.

"But why is she dancing?" Ask the Queen.

"Is that-oh my God look at her neck."

And there it is.

Back to square one. The same three step reactions.

I took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves into oblivion, as I glanced back at Amber who was now beside David with proud expressions, while more and more vampires circulated around the empty space.

Everyone who had been busy drinking blood or chattering, started to curiously eye my tutu like dress from top to bottom, as I cleared my throat to shake of the feeling of being stared at.

Near the orchestra, I saw the royal family look at me with a smile and hope filled eyes, while other than these faces, all stares were judgmental. They were so ready to point out all the flaws I was possessing, and I was not having it.

If it was 15 year old Diana standing here, she would've already cried and ran to her bed, but me? Not a chance.

You want to comment on something? I'll give you a show.

Don't listen to their nasty opinions, knock em dead like you always do Diana. You can do this. Do this for Lazarus, he'd appreciate it.

Or better yet, do it for Cynthia.

I closed my eyes after finally reaching in the middle and taking my position, feeling the opera in the above floors emerge to sing. Even Luther stood in front with his mother, looking at me with their striking, while the whole ballroom went quiet with the orchestra starting to play the song of ballet.