𝐟 𝐨 𝐮 𝐫 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧 : 𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣

Start from the beginning

"Is it really necessary for me to dance in front of a hundred vampires who are having their expectations so high that it's through the roof!? Are you trying to get me killed?" I exaggerated, as she laughed at my nervousness.

Not funny!

"If you passed out from the high ranked classes just like Grace, I'm sure you'll do marvellous sweetie." She cooed, turning me around and gently grabbing most is my hair.

Marvellous? Yeah right. If you mean by ruining myself, then yes. I'll be marvellous at that.

"That doesn't matter! Even I don't have any practise done for myself! How am I supposed to dance to the rhythm?" I panicked, as she started to wrap my hair closely.

"You don't need practise to connect to music Diana, all you need is your imagination. Ballet is a very strict and orchestrated dance form, not many people are allowed to make up their own dance, you can be the first person to break that norm." Cynthia said casually.

I couldn't help but think about the bad outcomes that are possible, me either tripping, or not doing a step well, ruining my dress, and what not.

"But still! What if I injure myself and mess up? What if people don't like my dance? What if-"

"My my, who are you and what have you done to my baby Diana? Who's not afraid to show who she is to the public and doesn't bring herself down from judgement?" She chuckled.

"That Diana is closed today, now you are seeing a 15 year old Diana who can do nothing but worry, worry and worry." I groaned, as she took a few pins from her own hair to secure my strands.

Insecure me is disgusting. I hate this.

"Trust me sweetheart, you'll do amazing. You've never failed to astonish all of us in the past few weeks, and I'm more than happy to see your dance. You're stronger than you think, just imagine yourself dancing alone in a room where no one will be there to watch and judge." She encouraged, as my heart started beating really fast and my palms started to sweat.

"I still think it's not a good idea." I deadpanned.

"I agree, it's not a good idea, it's a great idea." She smiled.

"Not helping-"

"Done." She chirped, finally coming in front of me to view her masterpiece, as she gasped after looking at me.

"You look like a perfect pink swan Diana, this is amazing." She gushed, making me shy immediately as I looked away to conceal my pink cheeks, before I heard a swish of air beside me.

"I'm here." Amber panted while kneeling down to my foot level and helping me put on the shoes.

"I'll go notify the orchestra and singers above about you. I hope you're okay with anything?" Cynthia asked.

"Peachy." I coughed nervously, feeling weird after putting shoes like this after years. I faintly saw Cynthia depart and rush towards the direction of the instruments, where Micheal and Luther were standing together to talk to the guests.

W-What if I embarrass myself in front of the King?

God, I don't want to imagine that.

"These shoes look so good on you." Amber gushed.

"Why do you even have these shoes? I thought you didn't do ballet?" I chuckled, while she huffed.

"Come on, I can pretend to do it. It's called fashion." She defended while crossing her arms, making me wheeze.

"Yeah right, remind me to never use my style. Heck, remind me to never say I can do stuff like dancing or anything else." I gulped and face-palmed.