Fate

"Woah, woah, woah, wait. New recruits? I'm not doing shit for you, Batman. I owe you nothing, and also, I just don't like you, so what makes you think I'll do anything for you, or the League?" Robin asked, incensed. Finch, on one hand regretted he wasn't the one to really, fully explain and break the news to Robin. On the other hand, Robin had a Batman level glare and Finch was glad it was directed at Batman this time.

   "You are." Batman stated. "I'm sure you know the capabilities of the inhibitor collars, including their shock function. I'm also sure you're smart enough to figure out what I mean when I say that." Robin sneered, but said nothing. The threat can through, loud and clear. Finch, on the other hand, did say something.

   "Hey, Bats, c'mon. Robin's still hurt! Don't just toss him into the thick of your problems." Batman just glared.

   "He is well enough to go through the vents and attack Artemis. He'll be fine."

   "That's only cause you're treating him like he's you. He may have the same stubbornness as you, Bratman, but that doesn't mean he's not human." Finch argued back. The team was watching this back and forth with increased weariness. Nobody crosses the Bat. Robin was watching with smug pride, which quickly fell into a scowl as Batman approached him. Quick as the Flash, Batman whipped out a smaller collar and clipped it onto Robin.

   "Hey!" He protested, hesitantly poking at it. It was thinner than an inhibitor, but still had the tell-tale glowing lines. Seeing as touching it didn't cause him physical pain, Robin began to pull.

   "Hey Rob, I don't think that's the best-" Finch's remark was cut off by a yelp as Robin's hands jerked away from the collar at the shock.

   "Ow." He grumbled.

   "Any further arguments?" Batman asked.

   "Yeah, I'm equipmentless and don't have a shirt, and he's missing gloves and his super speed." Robin snarked with a hand on his hip. The team watched this wearily. Did Robin have a close-as-Batman-will-get-to-death wish?

   "You will have your equipment returned for the mission, and the dampening function will be turned off for Finch. Should you attempt to flee, Aqualad will have a trigger for the shock function. I have copies of your suits." With that remark, Batman turned and began marching to the mission room. The team hesitated only a moment further, not wanting to further annoy Batman.

   "Is anyone going to ask why Batman has copies of our outfits prepared? Cause, I know the Bat's always prepared, but that's just ridiculous." Finch said to the team. Artemis nodded hesitantly, not exactly wanting to engage in conversation with the supposed teenage criminal. Robin, on the other hand, smacked his forehead with the heel of his palm.

   "Duh! He must've kept the spares we left behind in the safe houses to make it look like we haven't already abandoned it! Wow, he must have years worth of that stuff. Weird." Robin shook his head.

   "I bet you still fit in the second year outfit." Finch said in a teasing voice.

   "That is highly unlikely, my friend." Said Aqualad, attempting to join the conversation. If he was still on bad terms during the mission, the repercussions could be dire.

   "No, seriously! This kid was tiny when we first met! He sprouted up, but he hasn't grown much since he was ten! Three years, bird boy! Three!" Finch said with a huge grin. Miss Martian giggled into her hand, but the conversation ended as they entered the mission room and Robin's scowl that had lightened slightly in the joking mood returned full force. Batman took this silence to begin. He pulled up a holoscreen displaying an elderly man