𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐥 𝐯 𝐞 : 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨

Start from the beginning

"B-But I advise for you to punish me, it's n-natural for the higher ladies to do that-"

"I'm an ordinary girl, you don't have to expect harsh treatment from me, but can I get myself another box to carry?" I asked another worker who was standing near the horses, and his eyes widened.

"Uhh...hello? Is there something bad on my face?" I quickly asked while touching my skin to check if there is any unwanted substance covering it.

"N-No! It's just that...why are you..you know, working here?" The man who tripped me asked me without wanting to sound rude, but immediately regretted his words and started to scold himself.

"It's okay, I'm willing to volunteer. I have nothing better to do." I shrugged while having a grin on my face, as the other worker handed me a new box with shaking hands.

"Are you all okay? You're very pale, would you like some time to rest?" I quickly asked before placing the box on the desired location, and all of the ten or so workers shook their head while wiping off their sweat.

"W-We are good, it's not normal for us to receive help from the higher members of the castle." The man mumbled.

"Why not?"

"T-They are busy tending their own chores." He stuttered, while me eyes widened in embarrassment.

There are chores we have to do? Why do I not know of this?

"Wait, there are chores to do? Darn. Could you please tell me what I have to tend to?" I asked in a rush, completely mortified for not doing my job correctly, and they looked even more shocked.

"My friend Amber is currently not available, if it's possible, can I know what do people of the higher classes do everyday? I'm more of a small village girl, and I'm not used to aiding these kinds of activities, so I don't know..." I trailed off, while all of them gulped hard.

"Aren't you...his higheness' mate?" He asked skeptically.

His highness? Huh?

"You mean Zar?" I asked, and they looked more confused than I did.

"You know, the incredibly tall guy, scar face, hazel eyes, obnoxious, very full of himself, afraid of spiders, likes to sing twinkle?" I gave them an accurate description, and they blinked at me dramatically.

"Y-Yeah, him." The man shyly said while rubbing the back of his neck.

Why are they calling him his highness?

Is his position really that much?

"Oh yeah, I am his mate." I giggled, while glancing at the carriages to see all the boxes were delivered in time, and I mentally cheered.

"T-Then don't you have any...you know, luxurious to attend to?" One worker asked cautiously.

"What luxury? I don't have any work to do, that's why I occasionally come down here to help Amber with the boxes." I shrugged.

"That's perplexed, mostly all those mean ladies have like nail appointments and cleansing days to tend to almost every hour." A kid muttered loudly behind me, making me turn around to see him while a woman jogged towards him in horror.

"Luke! You're not supposed to say that about them or in front of her, my sincere apologies my lady," She quickly apologised while putting her son behind her.

"P-Please refrain from punishing my son severely, it's a small request, he's just a child." She pleaded softly, and my eyes widened at her words.

I glanced at the kid with curiosity lingering in my eyes, as he stared at me with a hint of excitement and twinkles, while I showed him my hand and assured him to come to me, and her mother gulped.