Dancing At Midnight : Part One

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Whatever happened, don't let that bother you, some people can be shallow and cruel." Omkara tells her as he sipped his coffee. Gauri nods her head with a smile. "If anyone troubles you, you come to me and I will handle them." "Okay." Gauri says with a smile. "Omkara!" Ajay and Dandi called out to him as they hurried to his side. "Guys, meet Gauri. Gauri meet my friends Ajay and Dandi." Omkara introduces them. "Hi." Gauri says with a smile. "Hey Gauri!" they greet her, in concern says "Sorry we didn't mean to embarrass you out there... you see Omkara has never lost a bet and this was a chance we couldn't miss." Dandi says. "It's okay." Gauri replies with a smile. As they sat down Ajay asks shocked "Dude, what did you do?" "What?" "I thought your family knows her family and your dad works for her family. Don't you think it will create problems?" Ajay asks concerned while Gauri looked at Omkara confused Didn't he realize who she is? "I don't give a damn about her or her family. And if my baba has to leave them because of this then I will just be too glad!" Omkara says angrily. Seeing Omkara's angry expression Ajay and Dandi decides to leave while Gauri gaped at Omkara hearing what he had just said. He didn't care about her? He wanted Baba to leave them? Seeing Gauri looking at him like that Omkara smiles at her, "Omkara, Gaur is..." Omkara cuts her off "My Baba works for Gaur's family." "But Omkara..." "I know what you are worried about Gauri, that for you I created problems with Gaur. It's not what you think. I haven't seen them for ages. And I didn't even know what she looked like. Only after Ajay told me that is Gauri Kumari Sharma I realized that she is the one. But then when I saw you for a minute I got confused whether it was you or her, but then the snob that she is, I knew it was her. the whole family was such snobbish people, always showing off and showing fake concern." Omkara says and then he starts smiling "Your smile does look like hers when she was small, and I got confused again but then I knew it can't be you because you are not a snob." Omkara says with a smile. Gauri looked at Omkara in shock, Omkara hates her? And thinks that she is a snob, and he hates her family too? But why? Suddenly Omkara's cell starts ringing and he picks up the phone with a big smile "Hello Baba!" then suddenly irritated "Baba I told you I don't want to have anything to do with her... stop throwing her on my face...Yeah I did meet her, and she is just like those rich people... I have told you many times that I don't like talking about her... I'll call you later, I have class now.. bye!" Omkara hangs up irritated, "Sorry about that... she gets me all riled up. I'll see you later. Bye." with that Omkara walks away while Gauri sat there, wondering why Omkara hated her so much.

The rest of the day was a blur for Gauri as she tried to understand what had happened with Omkara. She still couldn't believe that Omkara hated her, and she had always believed that Omkara loved her. She couldn't take it anymore and skipping the rest of the classes she went to her hostel room and fell on the bed crying her heart out and sometime later, Gauri slept off. Few hours later, Gauri woke up to hearing her cell ring and seeing it is Bhavya she picks up her cell. "Hello!" she says. "GAURI! How was your first day in college? Did you meet Omkara? Did you guys talk? Did you rape him?" Bhavya asks bursting out laughing at her last question. "I want to come home." Gauri says wailing. "What happened, Gauri? Did Omkara say something?" Bhavya asks concerned. "He hates me. He hates my family. He doesn't love me and he doesn't want to marry me." "He said all that?" Bhavya shocked. "No he told me that I get him all riled up and he hates me." "He told you all that? His nerve!" "He thought I was not me." "What?" Bhavya asks confused. "He thinks I am not his Gauri." Gauri continues crying. "Gauri I can't understand a thing. Can you tell me from the beginning?" Bhavya asks confused. Gauri goes on to explain what had happened in college. "Okay, let me get this straight. There is another Gauri Kumari Sharma and she is a snob, and Omkara thinks that is you because she is a snob and he believes you are a snob so he assumes she is you? Oh God! This is so confusing!" Bhavya says exasperated. "Why can't men use their brains for once?" "I don't want to stay here anymore." Gauri cries. "Listen to me, Gauri." Bhavya says in a reasoning tone. "What?" "Omkara seems to think that you are a snob and he has a thing against your family too, also to rich people and wants Tej Uncle to leave you people. But then he thinks Gaur is you, and is assuming that you are not her." "I know all that! I want bhaiyya and baba!" Gauri cries. "Shut up and listen to me!" Bhavya says angrily. Gauri quickly stops crying but couldn't control her sobs. "Okay. Omkara seems to consider you as his friend now. So it is obvious that he will spend time with you. By God's grace Omkara is under the misconception that Gaur is you, and he hates you. So I feel that now if Omkara finds out that you are the real Gauri, he will either avoid you because he still thinks you are a snob or because of the embarrassment of what he had told you. So till he realizes the truth, you just don't clear his misunderstanding just go along. And once he gets to know you and falls for you that time you tell him the truth and by the time his opinion about you and your family will change." "Are you telling me that I should just stay with him and not tell him who I'm?" Gauri asks confused. "Yes! Looks like Omkara is going to avoid Gaur, so she won't tell him anything, and Baba being away can't clear his misunderstanding. So you are safe till you decide to spill the beans." Gauri thinks for a while and then says saddened "But that is like cheating Omkara." "Think of it like this, do you think anyone can keep him happy other than you?" "No." "So, think that you are doing this for his happiness and of course yours." "Do you think this will work?" "Anyway you are all set to come back, so why don't you give it a try?"

Please vote and comment

- Lazy