She was a coward after all.

"Good evening."

Louise's feet became rooted to the ground, her eyes enlarged and her palms tightly clutched the tray in her hand.

She couldn't contemplate if she should rotate and face the source of the heavy, manly voice that rang through the hallway.

Or just run.

As fast as she can.

Out of the palace, the city, the whole empire.

Louise gradually spun around, her brows knit together in anxiety, the color of her skin shifting to different shades.

From beet red to complete pale. 

The glass tableware on her tray clanked with each other, due to her quivering hands, creating an unflattering noise.

"If you're thinking of selling the jewels on your neck to earn a bit of cash so you could start a new life outside the empire, I suggest changing your priorities."

Alexander leaned by the door frame, his arm folded by his chest and his eyes keenly scanning the peterfied Louise.

Crap.

If anything, Alexander's wits have always added to his charm, but this time it felt like every bit of it would drag Louise straight to her coffin.

"I-uh-um....t-tea."

She stammered, her mouth opening for a few fleeting seconds to muster out understandable words and then closing after her failed efforts.

Perhaps she should opt for sign language, pretend to be mute.

At least that eliminates for herself all the talking she has to do.

"Why is it on the floor and not in my hands?"

Alexander questioned, switching his attention to the warm drink sitting by the door.

Louise clenched her bottom lip uneasily, her thoughts flew to all the galaxies and dimensions living in her mind in a hunt for any reasonable excuse.

"I-it'll be in your h-hands when you pick it u-up."

Alexander squinted his lids, his lips split and gave Louise a wide gawk.
He rolled his orbs, scoffing in the process.

"You know that's not what I meant."

He inched towards her, his arms now by his side.

"You are allowed to enter my room and look me in the eye, I don't bite."

Louise walked backwards simultaneously.

She highly doubted that at the moment.

Alexander paused in his tracks, he studied her panicked and nervous state intently and sighed.

"I don't like you-"

"I know."

Louise cut him off, willingly covering her face with her uneven brunette strands.

She shifted her gaze around the hallway, to anywhere but Alexander.

Her body fidgeted, scratching the back of her neck with her free hand.

"I know you never liked me-"

"How long are you going to keep this up then?"