Chapter 28: Jail

"Don't leave her side again okay? Don't let her talk to strangers" Irene reminded Kwangsoo and Jongkook firmly. The two bodyguards nod their heads.

"Joohyun! Where are you?"

Irene turns around where the door is swung open behind them.

"Right here, baby!" Irene shouted back. Later on, Lisa walks outside her with a wide smile plastered on her face.

"Let's go?" She said as she snakes her arm around Irene's waist.

Kwangsoo opened the door for them before guiding them to hop in.

~~~

"Ma'am, Kim's company keeps on asking who to contact and where to go in able to find the President of Bae's Airlines," Irene's secretary said.

"He really won't stop huh? Tell him that I declined his proposal so that he can stop bugging us already" Irene said dismissively. Her secretary nodded then left the room.

~~~

"Fvck this! Fvck Irene Bae!" Kai said through gritted teeth when he received the call from Bae's company.

"This can't be. I need to find the President of Bae Airlines and ask her or him by myself without Irene knowing. I don't want to disappoint dad right now" Kai said to himself then dialed someone's number.

"I want you to find the President of Bae Airlines. Find the main building and report it to me right away. I want it as soon as possible" Kai said running out of patience.

"Copy sir," the man said then ended the call.

Hours had passed, the man called him again.

"I want this to be good news," Kai said.

"Base on my research, I found out that Bae's Airline's main building is in New York but a few days ago, they change it abroad for no particular reason. They didn't release an article about this"

"Abroad? Where?"

"You'll be surprised in this... It's Thailand and remembers the buyer of Manoban's company that's still a mystery to us because we didn't find anything about that? It's because the Baes is the one who bought that" Kai gasp as soon as he heard the information.

That makes sense. So maybe the Manoban's company is now the new Bae Airlines' main building?

"Don't tell me, Lalisa Manoban is the one who's running that?" Kai asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. Someone told me that they saw Lalisa Manoban entering and exiting that building. Guess we're wrong about her being dead"

Kai gritted his teeth in anger. She's still alive and is now under the care of Baes. How can he get the partnership now?

He needs to see Lisa and convince her. He really doesn't want to impress his father-in-law.

He was so occupied by his thoughts that he didn't notice the call that already ended. He was snap out of his reverie when his phone rang again. He took a deep breath before answering.

"Hi, babe" he greeted.

"I'm already at the restaurant where you told me to wait, are you on your way?" Krystal asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry for making you wait this long, I'll be there in a minute okay? Bye"

~~~

"Aren't we going to Joohyun again?" Lisa asked while walking outside the building.

"No Young Miss. She told us to go home after your work" Kwangsoo answered.

"But why?" Lisa pouted, still walking that made the employees who are seeing her to giggle because she really looks adorable.