Chapter 14: Chaesoo's advice

Lisa doesn't have a choice but to come with her friends since Irene is in critical condition. She doesn't know what to do if she loses another part of her life.

"Her body is really weak. As you can see, the disease is making it hard for her to breathe. She needs to stay here to make her safe. That's all that we can do to make her alive if she doesn't want to take the surgery but if she stays like this... We're not sure how long she can live" the doctor said to Mr. Bae while her friends are just listening.

"Thank you doc," Mr. Bae said. The doctor nodded then leave.

"She needs to take the surgery. I don't want to lose her" Mr. Bae said then sat at the bench outside Irene's room.

"You'll do it without her permission?" Wendy asked while rubbing Joy's arms who's now calmer than earlier.

"If that's the only thing that I can do to make her alive," Mr. Bae said firmly.

"I'll get her things at the house. Lisa, I'm sad for your parents" he added then tap Lisa's shoulder before walking away.

Lisa is just listening while thinking about Jennie. Company. Her parents and even Irene's condition. She don't know what to think first.

"I'll check on Irene unnie," Yeri said then entered the room followed by Seulgi, Joy, and Wendy.

Rosé and Jisoo sat beside Lisa, making her in between.

"Hey," Rosé said then grabbed Lisa's right hand and put it on her lap.

"Don't you want to eat first? You didn't eat yet" Rosé said while looking at Lisa who's just looking at the floor.

The latter didn't answer or probably... She didn't hear Rosé.

"Lisa..." Jisoo called her in a soft voice.

"Am I a bad person unnie?" Lisa suddenly asked as she snaps her head at Jisoo who seems surprised because of her sudden question.

"Did I do something wrong? Why does the world have to be this harsh to me? Tell me unnie... Am I a bad person?" Lisa asked. Her eyes started to water... Again.

"No. Why are you asking that? No Lisa... Don't ever think of that because if you'll ask me? You're the kindest person I ever met" Jisoo said.

"She's right Lisa. Everything that happened is not because of you" Rosé said as she squeezed her best friend's hand that's on her lap.

"Am I not enough? Am I ugly? Where did I miss? Why did Jennie choose to leave me? All I did is to understand and love her... Tell me Rosé, Jisoo unnie... What's wrong with me?" Lisa asked desperately. Tears are now flowing through her cheeks while looking at the two vise versa.

"Hey, hey, hey... Look at me" Rosé sat between Lisa's legs then look up at her to meet her eyes while holding both of her hands.

"You're enough. You didn't miss anything. You didn't do anything wrong and there's nothing wrong with you... It's all Jennie's mistake that she choose Kai over you. That's her mistake... It's her mistake, Lisa. She's wrong to that point because she loses you... She loses a diamond. It's her loss, not yours okay? There's nothing wrong with you" Rosé said while looking tenderly at Lisa's eyes that's now pouring tears.

"She's right Lisa. If there's someone who has to regret everything here... It's Jennie. She loses you... You're a treasure, Lisa. She's stupid to lose a person like you... If you realize your worth, you won't think that way... Try to find out your value Lisa and you'll see that Jennie is the one who has to think about her mistakes and losses" Jisoo added while rubbing Lisa's back.

"It's Jennie who didn't see your worth. That's her mistake... Try to find your worth and you'll see... we're right" Rosé said.

"I love her—"

"But she don't" Jisoo cut Lisa off.

"Listen here..." Jisoo holds her shoulder.

"You have to move on—"

"But I don't want to forget her—"

"I didn't say that you have to," Jisoo said that made Lisa confused.

"You think moving on is about forgetting the feelings and the person? Well, you're wrong... Moving on is about accepting what happened and moving forward for what's going to happen next" -Jisoo.

"You don't have to forget her... You have to accept her decision and respect it. It's her choice after all and she's the one who has to deal with it and what's going to happen for her choice of path. She's the one who chooses that way so she's the one who has to walk there... You don't have to worry about her Lisa... You have to let her" -Rosé.

"By accepting it... You have to find your worth first. Have you ever think why people chose to cry, beg and follow their loved ones if they leave them? It's because they don't know what's their value. If you know your worth and you know that you're enough... You won't act that way because you know to yourself that it's her loss. If you realized that you're worth it... You'll not cry and mourn for her. You'll let her realize what she loses" -Jisoo.

"How can you say that I'm worth it if she leaves me and chooses Kai? That means that I'm not enough Rosé, Jisoo Unnie... She won't find another if I'm enough" Lisa said.

"She dumped you, yes, but that doesn't mean that you're not enough. You can't see your worth, what more the others?" Rosé said.

"W-What do you mean?" -Lisa.

"You... Yourself. You can't even see your worth. Do you think the others can see that? You can't even realize that you're worth it, what more Jennie?" Rosé asked. 

"It's like you can't love someone if you can't love yourself, Lisa. That's your own body, soul, and heart... You can't love yourself... How can you love someone? That's what I'm saying... If you can't see your own worth, you think Jennie can see it?" Rosé added.

"You think I'm worth it? She can't even choose me. How can you say that?" Lisa asked.

"Not everyone is like Jennie. Not everyone is blind Lisa... Not everyone can't see who you really are and not everyone can't see your worth... There's still a lot who can see it. There's a lot who loves you... There's someone Lisa... There's someone" Jisoo said.

"You just can't see it because you're blind by your own insecurities. You think no one will love you again that's why you gave everything to Jennie to make sure she won't leave you but what happened?" -Jisoo added.

"What are you trying to say?" Lisa asked.

"Try to look around you. Jennie is not the only one who can love you... There's a lot. And more deserving than her. More better" Jisoo answered. 

"You'll realize your worth if you find out that there's not only one who loves you, Lisa. Try not to be so oblivious and stupid" Rosé said.

"Yah!" Lisa whines that made Jisoo and Rosé chuckle.

"Come on. Let's check Irene unnie" Rosé stands up then offered her hand to Lisa.

~~~

"You did what I told you?" Mr. Kim asked his man over the phone.

"Yes sir. They'll find Miss Manoban at the meeting, I'm sure of that" his man said.

"Good. I want you to add spice at the meeting and insist on looking for her instead of her representative" -Mr. Kim.

"Copy sir"

"Lisa is now problematic. I'm sure of that. She won't put the company first. Jennie and her parents are too much for her to handle... Let's use that as a card to bring down their company and rise Kim's"

"Yes sir"