Chapter 2- Cotton Tail

Start from the beginning

Behind her was another girl, her expression showed she was amused by the situation before us. She had straight blonde hair that rested just about her shoulders and copper eyes like Harlequin. She wore a long white dress that had long detached sleeves and a large white bow on her back. She didn't have any wings due to being a late bloomer.

"If you even want to call that a conversation. Why must you always tease Pearl?" Sage said her tone very matter-of-fact.

Helbram smiled, "Why not? It's not like she hates me teasing her," he stated shrugging off girl's angry stare. "And besides, my younger and unprecedented sister, its not like you don't know what I'm thinking about."

At that point I was lost and didn't know what was happening. I felt pressure on my hand and looked down to realize that Helbram still held my hand with one of his. His grip was gentle and warm even though he was in a dispute with his sister.

I pulled my hand from his grasp and wrapped my other one around it before placing it to my chest. I turned my head away as my blush spread more across my face but from the corner of my eye, I could Helbram look at me, slightly surprised by my action.

The look in his eyes hurt though. They looked sad, almost like he had been enjoying having my hand in his. He quickly smiled and looked back towards the two girls before us.

He shrugged, "I was only trying to compliment Cotton Tail on her wings." He crossed his arms before looking over at me. "I must say, Harlequin wasn't lying when he said they looked amazing."

"Wait, Pearl grew her wings," Sage asked looking at me. "Why didn't you come tell me when they started?"

Sage was my best friend, like Helbram and Harlequin were. She had a problem controlling her temper and would often take it out on her brother, who usually just egged her on. When she wasn't angry about something Helbram did, she was happy and very outgoing. She would try to help out anyone who needed it.

"She said they had started growing in only a few days ago," Harlequin said from beside me. I hadn't really realized until now but Harlequin had told Helbram about my wings, and they were both pointing them out. My stomach felt like it was twisting. I hated being the center of attention, especially when I was also the topic of discussion.

"So? She still could have come by and showed me them!" Sage said upset, she pointed at her brother. "If you knew, why didn't you tell me?"

"Relax, Sis. I only found out today," Helbram said with a frown.

"Well, it's possible that Pearl had her reasons for not sharing the fact," Elaine said with a sweet smile.

I huffed. "Can you guys not talk about me like I'm not here?" I asked quietly receiving the stares of the other four fairies. They all smiled and started to chuckle and laugh.

"Sorry, Pearl, we didn't mean to make you feel pressured like that," Sage said before her attention was caught by something else. "Hey! That doesn't go over there!" Then she had flown away to take care of whatever some other fairy had probably messed up.

"She works too hard, makes me wonder if her head may pop," Helbram said throwing his hands out with a shrug. He then looked a me with a smile. "Speaking of which, weren't you wanting to talk to Elaine about something?"

"Oh, right!" I said, I had completely forgotten due to Helbram tensing me and Harlequin. I looked at the Fairy Saint. "I wanted to apologize for not being here earlier to help with the preparations. I sort of fell asleep while thinking about something." I tapped my index fingers together as I gave a nervous smile.

"It's just like you to fall asleep in the middle of doing something," Harlequin said with a sigh as he shook his head.

I gave him with a dull look. "What's that suppose to mean?"