Chapter 4-The Fairy King's Spring Moon Dance

It wasn't actually that bad. The dress Sage had given me was actually a nice piece of work. She said had learned to make it with skills she learned in the Human Realm.

The top was crimson red and hugged my waist with rippled fabric over the breast area. It overlaid what looked like a white blouse sewed in underneath that had sleeves that came to the elbows and loosened out to the middle of the forearm. The neckline had a lace collar that bowed along the lower part of my collarbone. The bottom of the dress was the same crimson red that lightened a bit as it reached my ankles. Over that was some black tulle that had some white specks sprinkled in, like stars.

"Not bad, if I do say something myself," Sage said as I entertained myself by twirling.

"Wow!" I said in awe. "I guess I was afraid for nothing."

"Hey, watch it! I can just easily ruin the dress as easy as it was making it for you!" Sage threatened, her stare frightening and intense.

"What I meant to say was, ooh pretty!" I said trying not to piss her off. Because Helbram will be the one feeling hell.

"That's what I thought," she said with a smile. "Now, shall we make our way to the dance?"

I frowned. I was nervous about talking Helbram. Sage had mentioned something while I was getting dressed that made previous doubts return.

"You know, I realized Helbram was staring at you a lot more today than normal," Sage's voice sounded as though she was thinking about something. "Either he was going to ask you to the dance or he was just admiring your wings."

"Sage, don't say that! I don't want to think he only likes me because my wings started to grow in!" I grumbled as I continued to get dressed.

"Hey, who knows what's going on in that head of my brothers'."

I didn't want to believe that's why he may like me, but like Sage had said, who knows what he's thinking.

"Come on, Pearl. The party is a this way," Sage said pointing to outside the poppy.

I smiled at her apologetically. "Alright, let's go then."

*****

I was even more nervous that I was shaking. I hadn't even the slightest clue of what to say to Helbram, that is other than apologizing for leaving him behind.

As we arrived as the scene of the dance, my nervousness changed into amazement.

Everything about it was beautiful. Decorations made from flowers and vines when placed all around the area. Mushrooms were spaced out, giving fairies places to sit and talk with one another. In the middle were some fairies playing musical instruments and   others that were singing beautiful tunes. The one thing about it that just absolutely took my breath away were the fireflies that that loomed around the flowers and the fairies that danced, as though they were flashing stars.

"All that hard work really paid off," Sage said bring me back from my daze. I smiled at her.

"You did an awesome job on setting everything up," I said complimenting her skill.

She looked at me surprised but smiled just as quickly. "You sound like Harlequin when he finally decided to show up." She shrugged. "You'd think the Fairy King wouldn't be late to the Fairy King's Spring Moon Dance."

"I thought I heard you talking about me," Harlequin's voice chimed in. We looked at him as he flew over to us. He smiled at us but then frowned.