where it all began

I ran down the dirt path too terrified to look back my fear and need to know got to me. I turn to see my cabin, the home I grew up in, the only placed I've ever lived in, the place I called home was now up in red and orange roaring flames. I finally stopped running to take a better looked behind me making sure I was hidden form sight. There stood three other beings that I have never seen before, I mean I also can't see that well since I'm so far away from them.

30 minutes ago*

"Papa! I need your help!" I yell out from upstairs. I wait patiently for his response.

"I'll be there in a second dear" he yells back from the lower level. I turned on my heels and headed back into my room so I could wait for my Pa to come and help me.

I was trying to practice a simple spell that my father's great friend Merlin and requested him to teach me, Merlin the greatest wizard was my pa's best wizard friend. He had given my pa a spell book that I've been practicing on for a bit now, unable to fully understand the language it was writen in tho, only picking up small parts here and there.

I have only ever met the wizard once, I was 5 at the time. Merlin instantly saw that I'd be a great witch and gave my father the tools to teach me. After that day I never saw him again. My father was always secretive when it came to Merlin and my studies, pa never really told me much about my witch heritage, I assumed that I had gotten my gifts from my mother who had passed away while giving birth to me.

I was soon taken from my thoughts when I heard loud crashing coming from the lower area and I ran out of my room to see what was wrong. I saw father being held by some lady in red, father saw me and was able to get free from her grip and throw her out. But this time not by hand but by a gust of wind. A power that came from my father. I stood at the top stairs looking down in fear as my father ran up the stairs to me. He grabs a hold of me once he gets to me and pulls me to his room and slams it shut.

He turns around and brings his hands up in a motion that I was taught to do while I use my powers. I was confused and scared. His hands turned a bright yellow and he conjured a spell that made the room completely change. It was like a library but not at the same time. All this time I was silently freaking out.

He spun to me and grabbed a hold of my hand and dragged me to this wardrobe that he had always had in the corner of his room, he flings open the doors making them slam against the wooden cabin walls he then grabs a few bags out and pushes them to me.

"Put these on now!" He said looking me dead in the eyes. "I know this must be scary my young one. But you need to be strong for me Khaleesi. Run, run until you get to Camelot, find Merlin. Give him this" my father said as he was pushes me into the wardrobe. He hands me a small book that was locked.

"I love you Khaleesi please always know that," he said. Before I could say anything he pushed a lever that made the floor disappear and I was falling. I scream in fear and confusion of what's happening. I didn't know what was happening but I could tell that my father was scared and he looked as if he was losing everything.

Once I landed I was out in the backyard. I could hear clashing and fighting happening behind the thin cabin walls. I quickly saw fire coming from the lower levels and I ran. I kept on running, I was terrified to look back but I did. I saw my house blow up in roaring flames. I was hidden, no one could see me but I saw them. There stood three other beings, I was too far to tell who or what they were before I started running again. I got away with no one seeing me.