Chapter 4

"This class is so boring, let's just get out of here." Ash mumbled.

"Oh hell nah. Aaron would be so pissed. Remember the last time we skipped. Him and FP were on us for two weeks." Alex declined.

"Oh come on. Air won't find out. Besides, since when did you care about getting in trouble?" Alec asked.

"Since when are you okay with me skipping class?" Alex retorted.

"Since never." Austin whispered in her ear.

"Stop fighting it and just go with it." Ash whispered from her other side.

"Fine. But we can't go to the Wyrm. Or the trailer. And it can't be Pop's because then the northsiders would be judging us." Alex groaned.

"We were going to go to the Quarry anyway." Alec chuckled. Alex shook her head and left the classroom. The teacher didn't even care, not even when the other three Williams' left.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"School sucks. What's the point of even going? It's not like I'm going to college." Alex complained once they got to the quarry.

"Well, it's hard to get a job if you don't graduate." Austin pointed out. Alex only sighed. (they all had swimsuits in their bags so she was wearing a swimsuit now.) She shook her head before jumping into the water.

"That is just her way of avoiding this conversation." Alec chuckled. The other two laughed and then they all jumped into the water with her.

"If you hate school so much, how come you didn't want to leave?" Ash asked.

"I don't like getting in trouble with Air." She mumbled before going under the water and swimming away from her brothers.

"Is she okay?" Austin asked.

"I don't know. She's been acting weird since lunch." Alec said.

"Lex, why aren't you eating?" Alec asked her quietly.

"I'm not hungry." She replied.

"You have to eat." Ash said from her other side.

"No I don't. You guys aren't the bosses of me." She said. With that she got up and left the lunch room.

"Did we do something?" Ash asked.

"I don't know. Maybe Toni or Nay know." Alec shrugged.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Ash said. He swam to the other side of the quarry towards Alex.

"Lex, are you okay?" He asked. She turned to look at him.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine." She lied.

"No you're not. You're lying. You can't lie to me." He said softly. She nodded her head and sniffled.

"You're right. I'm not okay." She agreed. She had silent tears running down her face.

"Lexi, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"I-I..." She started but got cut off by her own sobs.

"Hey, hey. Come here." He said, pulling her to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. She cried onto his shoulder for a few minutes while he tried to calm her down. Alec and Austin had been watching but decided to let Ash handle it. After a few more minutes Alex had calmed down.

"Lex, what's wrong?" He asked again.

"Do you think I rely on you guys too much?" She whispered.