The Sorting

The next morning Anna woke up excited she was finally going to Hogwarts and getting to see her brother Draco Anna could not wait until she got there and swung her legs over the bed and went to her dresser then Anna realized she didn't know how yet aging but she would have to learn sometime Anna pulled her dresser open and began dressing her self it was not as hard as she thought it would be.

Anna went down stairs and went into the kitchen were she found her god father Severus sitting drinking his morning coffee and reading the daily profit.

"Good morning Anna I see you have learn to get your self dressed" her god father said as he placed his paper down on the table.

"Yes Sir" Anna still said things really low to the point were you could barley hear her.

"Do you have everything packed all your clothes and school equipment?" Severus said standing up and grabbing something from the living room.

"Yes Sir"

"Good now that you have been working very hard of studying for school and Albus yesterday told me when your birthday is so here is something for all your hard work" Severus said as he pulled out a small gages from behind his back.

Anna held the Cage and lifted a piece of fabric from it inside was a white kitten with blue eyes she was beautiful.

"Awww its so cute is it for me?" Anna ask as she looked in the cage in just pure shock that she actually got something.

"Yes of course its yours it is for all the hard work you have done" Severus said as he grabbed Anna's suit case and his own.

At this point Anna was so happy she forgot all of her manners and hugged her god father saying over and over.

"Thank you thank you thank you so much sir" after about a second later Anna had realized what she had done she began to walk way slowly looking up at her god father in pure fear

Flash back

Anna's prov

I was sitting in my room waiting to be let out I had been in there for days and
 I was starving I didn't even remember what I did to make my father so angry all my room was a plan twin bed with a small blanket that my mother got me and a small chair I was laying on the floor in so much pain my father had used to cruio cures on me so many times that I
 black out as I was laying there I remembered what I did my father had been out of town for about two months and to some point I missed him when he came home a heard a knock on the door and our house elf dooby got it.

"Father your home" I ran to him and gave him a hug he had never giving me before i knew i would be in a grate deal of trouble but i didn't care anymore. but as soon as i let go i got what was coming to me. my father grabbed my hair and pulled me down to the cellar where i would be punished he through me against the hard cold floor as hard as he could i tried to get up and run away but he was too fast he pulled out his wand.

"CURCIO!" my father yelled as soon as he said it i felt like hot white knifes were in my skin i fell to the floor screaming it hurt so bad i was sobbing what did i do wrong?.

End of flash back

Anna was trembling and crying so hard she was curled up into a ball on the kitchen floor she was having a break down and her worst Severus had seen. Severus drooped everything in his hands and went to pick her up Anna flinch and kick and screamed but Severus pulled her into his chest and made her stay there until she was calm she was sobbing into his chest it broke even Severus heart what had they done to her that would do this Severus thought to him self .

Severus glanced up at the clock and noticed they were going to be late if they didn't leave now Severus waved his wand over Anna's and Severus trunk and grabbed the kittens cage as he picked Anna up and apperated to the train station.

As soon as they got there Severus got a compartment on the train and closed the door. he sat down on the seat  and placed Anna on his lap.

"What happened its OK that you hugged me I don't mind it at all but you need to tell me what happened does this have anything to do with your father?" 

Anna just sat there and nodded her head yes and began to speak.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you I was just so happy nobody has been as nice to me as you have been i have never had a pet before" Anna said as she looked at her god father and at her knew cat

"There is no need to be sorry don't worry about your father think of what you have now and know that I will never hurt you understand" Severus said as he took the cat out of its gage and placed it on Anna's lap. A small smile spreed on Anna's face for the first time Severus had seen her smile and Anna replied.

" I know you will never hurt me and I always think of what I have now" Anna said as she petted her knew cat.

"What are you going to name it" Severus said as he petted the knew cat.

"Hmmm I think I will name it Faith cause you have given me so much of it" Anna said to Severus as she was on the verge of tears again. Severus looked at Anna with his usual cold face but it seemed like Severus actually cared that Anna thought she had faith aging because of him Severus couldn't help but smile at the sweet girl who was in his lap.

The rest of the train ride Anna spent resting or playing with her knew cat faith when they finally got to Hogwarts professor Dumbeldoor had requested Anna to come to his office to be sorted into her house for school Severus drooped all of there belongings and headed to Dumbeldoors office.

"Good evening Severus hello Anna how are you this fine evening" Dumbeldoor said as he bent down a little to see Anna's small face.

"Good thank you sir" Anna said as she hid behind Severus robes a bit 

"Well here is no time to waste lets get you sorted shall we." Anna nodded and walk up to the hat as it spoke to her.

"Well well well what have we here a very smart

one are we yes very intelligent yet a horrible

past that has damage you in some way yes I

see your just like your father when he was

sorted oh how you are so much like him

your very shy and you don't trust many

people hmmmm yes a true Snape right there better be SLITHERIN!" 

The sorting hat shouted Severus look very pleased and gave Anna a small smile yet Anna on the other hand looked confused Anna thought to her self .

'Why did the hat call me a Snape?'