Chapter 1

It was a beautiful sunny day outside in Massachusetts and Delilah decided to sit on her luxurious apartment complex's balcony. It was the second week of school and she already had a big project due. The work load at Harvard was real. It was time consuming, especially as an architect major, but Delilah didn't think it was hard. After all, she had worked hard in school all her life in every subject just to get where she was today. 

Delilah was consumed in her homework when her roommate/best friend slid the balcony door open and leaned against the door. 

"What are you doing?" 

Without even glancing at her, Delilah replied back. "Homework."

Scarlett groaned, and hunched over. "But you always do homework."

Delilah rolled her eyes at her only friend. "What do you want?"

"Why do think I want something?"

"Because you always do. Spill it." Deciding to finish her homework later, Delilah closed her laptop shut and looked up at her friend. 

Unlike Delilah, her friend had shorter hair that was a little longer than her shoulders. Her hair was also lighter than Delilah's, but pretty much everyone's hair was lighter than hers for it was as dark as the night. Unlike Scarlett, Delilah didn't care for tanning and had lighter skin than the golden tan of Scarlett's. 

It surprised Delilah sometimes that the two of them were friends for they were the exact opposite of each other. While Scarlett constantly got her dark brown hair done and touched up, Delilah had never dyed her long dark mane, ever. While Scarlett wore designer and was fashionable, Delilah wore what was in her budget that was professional and modest. She wouldn't even be able to stay in the apartment she was currently living in if it was not for Scarlett and her parents, who begged Delilah to stay with her. Even though the rent costed much more than her full scholarship could afford, she came to an agreement with them that she would pay as she would if she was in a dorm.

But that wasn't the point, the point was that Scarlett was everything Delilah wasn't. Scarlett was from the wealthy circles in society and Delilah was no where near that. But it didn't matter to her because she didn't care about any one's status. She only focused on herself and her own success. 

"So...You know how I've been dating Mason for a while now and the two of you haven't met each other yet. And well I was hoping that the two of you could meet tonight." Scarlett had a bright smile on her face as she truly wanted her best friend and boyfriend to meet each other.

"Ok. Over dinner?" Delilah raised her brow in question.

The big smile on Scarlett's face faltered a little and Delilah knew something was up.

"Well...." Scarlett started shifting on her feet and looked away from Delilah's sharp dark blue eyes. "...not exactly."

"Spit it out." 

"Ok. Mason's frat is throwing another party tonight and he wants to meet you so he told me to bring you." Delilah automatically frowned as Scarlett begin to pout. "You'll come right."

"Can't I just meet him some other time?"

"Oh, come on, Lilah. We're seniors now and you still haven't even been to a single party."

Too busy with school and spending her extra time on creating new building designs, Delilah didn't have the time to go to a party. Nor did she want to. She didn't care for such trivial things. There was no time for fun. She had been working hard all her life just to get a good job and succeed in life. She didn't want to live like her mother had. Working everyday of the week as a waitress. She had to work so hard just to provide for her and Delilah that Delilah barely even saw her. She only heard her leave in the mornings and come home at night. 

"You need a break. You're always ahead in all your classes and you always ace them. Come on, take a break for once. You can't graduate college without having a bit of fun." Scarlett's face looked anxious. She really wanted her friend to come out, meet her boyfriend, and have fun. For the past 3 years, they had their own girl fun, but Delilah never went out with her to parties. 

Delilah didn't even have to think about her answer and spouted out, "No." 

"Ughhh. Come on Lilah. You have to come with me." Scarlett pulled on Delilahs arms pleading her to come. "What if someone takes advantage of me?"

Delilah was unfazed as she knew nothing would happen to Scarlett. "Your boyfriend will be there."

"What if he takes advantage of me?"

"I thought you told me he was the most respectful guy you've ever met and the greatest gentleman ever."

Scarlett stopped to the think of another excuse she could use as it was true. Mason was the most respectful, loving, and caring person she had ever met. 

"But you have to meet him and analyze him if he is genuine."

Delilah continued unfazed and when Scarlett knew she wasn't getting to her she kept pulling on Delilahs arm and whined even louder.

"Please, Lilah!!!! You have to come!!!"

Three minutes had passed as Scarlett got even louder and Delilah was about to break. 

"OK!!! Enough!! I'll come. Happy?!"

Scarlett smiled even wider than earlier. "Very!!!"

With her grasp still on Delilahs arm, Scarlett dragged her out of the expensive balcony and inside. "Come on, we have to get ready."

Delilah scowled, looking outside to see that it was still relatively bright outside. "It's still so early."

Scarlett blew out a breath of air, "It takes me a long enough time to get ready alone, but getting you ready too? I'm gonna need as much time as I can get."

Delilah realized there was no use arguing with her. Ever since she accepted going, it was all up to Scarlett now. Arguing, would just take more time and energy so Delilah just let Scarlett do whatever she wanted to her. The faster she was done here, the faster they'd be to the party, and the faster they were there, the faster she'd be back home.