9

For my surprise a bit of sunlight heated my face in that black and red covered room. I rubbed my eyes and brushed my hair from my face. It took me a couple of seconds to understand where I was. Andy's room.

He was nowhere to be seen. I looked under the covers, my body was not naked for God's sake. But I wasn't dresses in the corset and dress from yesterday. I was wearing a long and very black shirt. It was so big it looked almost like a tunic on me. And that scent in the fabric was sweet but sharp and if felt unique. It was his shirt.

"Relax darling I didn't see you makes, at least from the waist up." he was leaned against the door frame with a mug of what smelled like dark coffee. A wave of confusion washed my face and he placed the mug in my lap and raised his hand like he was saying he was innocent. "Fourth floor remember?" he grinned.

How could I not remember? It was a place of firsts for me, a place of revelations too. A piece of me and my life was still resting in that black sheet.

He sat in the corner of the bed watching me drink the bitter coffee. His eyes tracked my every movement with a small smile. Shattered.

"Are you gonna look at me the whole time?" I unpressed my lips from the hot mug.

"Stare is what I want to do less but yes, for now it's what I am doing." he was grinning. When I saw him during my robbery I never thought a person like him could smile at others. He seemed so stiff and so "royal", not humane and well, we knew how that's turned out. I could still see the number 1878 flashing in front of me. His sharp jaw tightened when I proffered the number in my mind making me shiver.

"I should be going. Thank you for your hospitality." I tried to get up but my legs refused to work. I instantly started panicking. My brain racing miles a hour. My legs felt rigid and I was motionless. The mug in my hands dropped to the ground breaking in a few pieces and spilling the remaining coffee in the red carpet under the bed legs. And then I looked at him, scary as a crow in an empty cemetery and his expression was devilish but beautiful in a way only a hell's creature could look like.

And he opened his mouth. "Eliane IV, princess of nothing and queen of my soul. So defenceless and so ...."

I didn't let him finish his sentence. I couldn't move my lower limbs but my arms felt stronger than before. I grabbed the lamp from the nightstand and I hit him in the head. Not strong enough to keep him unconscious but it will surely leave him a bit dizzy for minutes.

He was now very close, like he was in the fourth floor, like he was last night when I slept above his non beating heart. So close to my ear, so close it made the hair in my back raise at his raspy voice. "Try that again little wicked thing. You will but you'll miss. I know every single next move you'll make because I've been in this movie before countless times. I know you'll try to hit me again and you'll fail because I will pin your writs down before you can even get close to my head with that damned thing. Am I correct ?"

And as if his words worked like I spell I was again holding the lamp strongly, ready to hit him again. And like he said my writs were pinned to the bed making the lamp fall next to the broken mug and breaking in tiny pieces. How does he know EVERYTHING?

He was pressing me strongly, enough for me to know who was in charge right now. Seconds before it was me, now it's him. It's like a game of taking places and we are always switching. Elaine IV and Andy VI, the ones damned for life." I've heard some maids saying down the corridors a few nights ago and I didn't understand what they meant. I still cannot understand the full story. I'm not that Elaine they all whisper about. Andy is a lunatic prince and I'm stuck in here. But I can't stop thinking about that night of firsts. It was me craving for that type of touch. Me, Elaine, the poor thief from the streets, not the Elaine IV, princess of nothing. At some point I desired what he offered me without fully understanding that my acts can have consequences in a lunatic's mind. He was pushing me to the bed, looking at me in the eyes and yet a part of me couldn't scream for him to let me go. A part of him was as lunatic as him. Damned for life, shattered and broken.

His knee was holding my lower half in the bed which was stupid since my legs weren't working. My body was numb from the waist down.

I spit in his face and gave him a low grunt. He moved aside and cleaned his face but without removing that scary smirk, that memorizing scary smirk. He knew what I was about to do next before I could knew what my next move was. He has read me like a book for too long. He knows me better than I know myself and it scares me.

"That day when you tried to steal my pocket, when I touched your hand it as like a lighting penetrated my body. The ravenous fire running down your skin, oh how I missed that fire. I thought this year was gonna be different, this year I wouldn't be bothered by the this." he pointed at me and at the mess in the carpet. "How wrong I was. I don't know what happened this year. They always sent me a different Elaine. Sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter but this year they sent me a uncontrollable fire."

"They ?" I asked.

"The Gods that took you away."

Another bullshit for me to digest. He was indeed out of his mind.

"And now you are going to place your hand on my shoulder and call me crazy, that you don't know what the hell I'm saying and then." He looked at me. Not even his cocky grin could hide the pain. "You are going to kiss me and then ..."

He didn't finished his sentence when I placed my hand on his shoulder, called him crazy and told him that I couldn't stomach what he was saying and then, and then I left.

I left without making the last thing he told me. And I felt something break inside me like a wrecking ball inside my chest. I broke whatever cycle he was mentioning.

His eyes looked at me, his face pale when I left the room behind me.

I'm not a wolf for you to cage.