6

Andy left me alone after I read those nasty sentences to him. He didn't explain why and I don't see why he would. He can do whatever he wants, when he wants and in the way his heart pleases. I got out of the library and since a storm was approaching I ran to the main tower in the castle. My heels sounded like gun shots in the long and huge empty hallways. No one to see me running, not even maids or guards. Good. I can have time for myself for at least once.

I had no idea what I could do in a mansion like this, the possibilities were endless but I do think the prince wouldn't enjoy seeing me freely walking through his house. Good, if it makes him mad I need to do it everyday. I was whispering to myself. I was all alone after all.

Everything I wanted right now was a modest dress that covered my breasts, not only my nipples and the most important part of all, a dress where I could hide daggers and weapons. Just in case, just in case. I told myself last night. Oh and a pair of flat shoes so I could run away if needed.

I roam those corridors, my eyes pierced to the painting and portraits of past Kings and Queens. All of them seemed to watch me with an evil glare and cold expressions. All of them were part of Andy's past I suppose. But my eyes cought something more mesmerizing than portraits of his past : a room full of mirrors.

I stepped inside of the room carefully. I shouldn't be here. If he comes back and sees me here .... I didn't dare to finish my thought.

The room reflected my whole body, more than I would ask. Mirrors with all shapes and sizes covered the red walls of the compartment. But even with the glistening mirrors what cought my attention even more was the painting in the only wall that was not covered with that reflective glass. A big frame with four people painted.

I began studying the painting in front of me. In the right side a tall woman with bright hair full of waves rested her hand in the shoulder of a boy that seemed to not be more than five years old. She was wearing an also bright grown. At his side the little boy smiled with passion. His hair dark like a night sky and in his face, really bright eyes shined. At his side another little kid smiled but this one was a girl with what looked like a crow on her shoulder and last I saw something that made my blood boil with rage. A tall and muscular man with a crow atop his head looked proudly to the kids smaller than him. It didn't take longer for it to click in my mind. Andy's family. I began waving my finger and naming each one in the painting without touching the canvas. The Lost Queen, Andy, Antha I suppose and The King. But my studying wasn't done. A little set of numbers adorned the gold frame of the painting. It was wearing off because of the years but when I managed to read it I felt my knees giving out. 1878.

I was sitting in the ground trying to prevent a scream from escaping. It can't be possible, it's impossible. If I had air on my lungs I would probably scream.

"You know it's not nice when you start looking in other people's rooms you know Elaine darling?" he appeared out of nowhere.

"GET AWAY FROM ME! GET AWAY FROM ME! I was now screaming and crying, crying with fear and confusion.

"Why are you so exalted sweetheart ?" he smirked at me, at my pain. "I told you, you will find things that don't meet the eye sooner than you could blink. But I wished I was the one showing them to you. Too bad you ruined my fun." He walked closer to me, his black suit made him look powerful, untouchable.

"That's not possible." I kept repeating myself. "Impossible." My grown was all wrinkled and possibly ripped. He was now on his knees next to me.

"Everything is possible if you want." he brushed a curl from my face. "And you sweet Elaine, you ...."

"What are you? How?" I didn't let him finish his sentence.

"If I told you everything at once it would lose all the fun don't you think ? Don't you wanna play ? Have fun, because Elaine, I don't want you to leave here without having a good time." his words, poison to me. But his stare kept me hooked to his mouth talking to me.

I got up with the intention to run, run as fast as I could but something stopped me, something above my comprehension stopped me like if my feet were clipped to the ground. "Why do you fight it Elaine?" He was now behind me, talking so softly I could feel the fear getting out of me, slipping from my hands like sand. No. He's playing with you, testing.

"Testing you Elaine? Not before I know who you are, what you are. I don't randomly pick poor girls from the streets because they are pretty or I feel sorry for them." His jaw was tight. but his voice was still sugar coated. His hand softly brushed the curve of my exposed neck sending shivers down my body. "And when I know what you are..." he got even closer if that was possible. "I will show you who I am, perhaps more." His lips replaced his hand on my neck. "Sweet but dangerous." he kissed my soft skin. I carved my teeth in my bottom lip to prevent any sounds to come out. "But it's heated and bitter sometimes. So many rage inside of you. So young and so doomed." he kissed lower in my neck, very close to my collarbones. "Take the day to rest. Down there of course." he loosened his grip. "Scream if you need help"

I could still feel his lips on my neck, the wet patch on my skin where he placed the kiss. I touched it but my fingers remained dry. What he was ? I have no idea but I know myself even less.

I ran to the dungeon and closed myself in my cell. Tears rolled down my face at the sight of what I just had done. Closing myself in my own cell ? Good one Elaine.

"Why are you crying princess ?" my "friend" asked. The voice that kept me company.

"It's nothing." I lied.

"It's always nothing until it is something. Try too sleep, it helps dealing with the prince. I've tried it countless times to escape him. It's hard to get away from him but I try. A lot. In my dreams it's impossible for him to catch me."

I rested my head on my arm. "Maybe you're not that obnoxious." I said to the voice.

"Neither are you princess, neither are you."