i'm over this.

"tripped down the road, walking you home, you kissed me at your door."

six: walking home

hinata's pov

"what do you want to talk about?", crossing his arms he asked thinking what would the guy who's pulling him and following him around the corners of the party house.

"it's just that-", just what exactly? he was getting impatient. irritation, the only thing that clouded hinata's mind. he went here to have fun, but he's getting the opposite of it. what even is the feeling that opposes the fun in which he wanted?

"why'd you look at me like that earlier?", maybe fun was not the thing he wanted after all. a fancy meeting, when their eyes met. at this moment, others would say "the seconds feel like minutes. the minutes feel like hours.". but it was farther than a decade and shorter than the transformation of cinderella's carriage to a pumpkin.

it's the alcohol, wasn't it?

"i want to know-", he was sorry to interrupt, but he was constantly on the cusp of trying to kiss the figure who he could merely see in his peripheral view.

"you want to know why?"

"this is why!"

trying was an understatement. after all, he did accomplish it. it wasn't the alcohol nor the impatience boiling up. maybe it was his feelings?

'feelings for atsumu?'

would he really want atsumu?

'but...'

he had been feeling strange, telling people to act his age.

'i wish i were younger...'

finally, after years, he acknowledged the comfort brought by the boy beside him.
but he realized it wasn't enough.
he was still longing for the past.

'...but it won't hurt to try, i guess?'

---

osamu's pov

knowing his twin would definitely go to the said party, he already had invited someone to keep him company, suna. right after atsumu had left the apartment, the next thing they knew, they were already cleaning the dishes. of course, he had left a small serving for his twin, enough for half a person.

looking at the clock, he realized it was already past zero hours. well, he already got a response earlier at 1 am, but he couldn't just be not bothered about it.

"sigh..."

he could hear the snores of the boy beside him, his "close friend", or others would think. they thought about keeping it low-key.

"you okay?", suna woke up from the sudden nervousness from the movement of osamu. as much as he was delighted with the absence of his brother, he couldn't help but feel a shiver all through his arms; as if he felt a spark of electricity.

"i don't know, it's just...
a twin thing, i guess?"

"yawn...if it's that faded blondie asshole twin of yours, don't talk to me about it. he's definitely enjoying his time drunk-kissing the corks of the bottles of champagne—", the boy leaning beside him abruptly sat straight, "—if that ever happens, wouldn't totally miss out.", he continued, in which both of them laughed.