- By Your Side - Yokai Au -

Start from the beginning

"I won't!" Waving back the small boy bounded up the stairs as Yamaguchi walked further away. Today was Wednesday.

Opening the door loudly he announced his presence. Natsu immedietly came over and started pestering him on helping her with making charms. He was about to refuse when he realised he would have to practise too.

After about half an hour of charm making they both grew board, Natsu went to her room as Shoyo stayed in the same room. Opening his bad he noticed a book tucked into it.

"Huh? I swear I put this one back.." Picking up the book it was the same one that had dropped on his head. Legendary Yokai. "Crap this means I forgot to check it out."

Ruffling his hair he placed the book on the table. Skimming through it briefly he stopped every now and then to admire the drawings. There were pictures of Cat Yokai in their human and cat forms, Fox Yokai, Bear Yokai and many more.

Getting right to the end of the book Shoyo was about to close it when he noticed the last page was very crinkled. Smoothing it out he noticed something had been attempted to be scribbled out. Tilting his head he looked closer to the word.

K _ D Z _ K _ _

"What?" Leaning in closer he still couldn't make out the rest of the words. Turning the page he saw the profile of a legendary Cat Yokai. The name was Kenma Kozume.

"I don't get this.." Reading the profile he realised that the word Kodzuken was used repeatedly, it was something of a second name to the Yokai.

Looking at that and the letters left behind on the page before he put the pieces together.

K O D Z U K E N

"Ohhh so it said Kodzuken this whole time..." As soon as the word was muttered from Hinata's mouth a large flash happened. The page in which he got the name from seemed to burn slightly from the intensity. Closeing his eyes shut he waited till the light was over.

Opening his eyes he saw before him a Cat Yokai. Two small calico ears were on his head mixing in with his Pudding Head coloured hair. His golden eyes seemed to scan his surrounding as his two calico tails swayed. The robe brushed against the table gently, the red embroidery stunning as he stood there.

"Why am I...?" The Yokai turned its head towards Hinata. "Oh..."

Looking back towards the Yokai he swore that this was a dream.

"Wow! Your so cool!" Hinata exclaimed. "Did you come from this book?!"

"Uh yeah...You summoned me.." Kenma replied sighing. "Now we're bonded."

The Yokai pointed towards Hinata's wrist, there present was a marking. The marking was small but very noticeable, it was of a cat chasing a crow.

"Woah...That's so pretty!" Being easily impressed he smiled. "I'm Shoyo Hinata!"

The Yokai grunted before turning into a cat, it seemed almost normal except for the two tails. Not seeming to want to talk Kenma jumped onto the windowsill.

"Oh ok! I'll let you be! I got to go tell my mom."

As the short boy left Kenma sighed.

Why me? I just wanted to be left in peace...

.

Kenma didn't speak to Shoyo at all the rest of the day. Shoyo spoke to him though offering him food and all sorts.

"Hey Kenma! I brought you some food it's salmon and tuna." Placing the plate next to the cat Hinata moved away. "I should probably get you a drink too. What do you want?"