Chapter | four

~ My Hero ~

--Amelia's p.o.v--

Noah introduced me to a lot of people. Most of them welcomed me warmly. I considered tonight my best night ever.

Now I was sitting with Ruby and Marie. Noah was discussing business matters with others.

"I just noticed that I never saw both of you at my wedding." I said to them. Ruby said that she was not in the city visiting her grandmother while Marie was on the vacation with Denton.

"The wedding was in the rush. We couldn't even cancel our plans." Marie said. I nodded at them. Someone cleared their throat. My head snapped towards the direction.

"Hello girls. Mind if I steal my daughter for a minute?" Mother stood in her tight dark green dress with her perfect blond hair in a elegant bun. An uneasy feeling settled in my stomach at the way she was smiling sweetly. The girls look at me in confusion. I nodded at them.

"I'll be back in a minute." I exclaimed and followed my mother to the slightly vacant corner.

"You think you look graceful by humiliating us so much?" She gripped my arm tightly. The sweet expressions on her face were long gone. The pain shoot up to my arm by digging her nails in my soft flesh. I put on my best pockerface of not showing any pain.

"I never humiliated you mother." I said acting bored. I ran my eyes around pretending to look least interested in this conversation. She huffed and yanked me towards her forcefully. I felt as if my arm was dislocated.

"Look at your choice of dressing. I told you to not embarrass us further. But you wear the damn flats in such a high class party. My friends are talking about how my daughter is acting like a poor." She gritted out tightening her grip on me.

"What I wear should concern only me or my husband but not you and your damn bimbo friends. You are talking about me but you look like a green algae." I said calmly even though my heart was beating wildly because I knew what was going to happen next.

Her face became red with anger. She was about to slap me but her hand was caught in the middle of air. I turned my head to look at my hero. My face morphed into a shock.

"How dare you?"

Noah's voice was so calm but dangerously low making me tremble out of fear. His piercing eyes were blazing with anger. Mother's hand on my arm trembled  as she loosened her grip on me. Her face turned white in an instant.

"How dare you to lay your hands on my wife?" Noah asked leaving her hand. Even though he didn't show any physical act towards her but I knew she would be shitting herself by now because of the deadly look he was giving her.

"S-Samanthana what-what is happening?" Father asked frantically. Sebastian also walked towards her as well as Noah's men.

"Mr. Johnson I am cancelling the deal with you."

Father's mouth fell open as well as Sebastian's at Noah's words. I also looked at him in surprise.

"But-but you cannot d-do that." Sebastian gritted out clutching his arm. Noah pried off his arm from Sebastian's grip.