[XI] - Hate After All

"Thank you for your purchase."

Hinata exited the shop with an ice cream cone in his hand. He's feeling a bit happy now that he has something to do other than worry.

He has plenty of time, and he decided to spend it by staying at the park. This way, he wouldn't feel bored lying on his bed all day.

Hinata stopped at the entrance of the park. He felt a bad gut feeling. He wiped away the sweat forming on his forehead.

"Oh, please... don't be here. They should be home at his hour. They won't hurt you, Hajime," he mumbled to himself, finally gathering the courage to step into the park.

His bad feelings were still there despite the people he's afraid aren't even in the vicinity. He managed to put on a smile as he walked to the docks to feed the ducks.

He pulled out the usual food he'd feed the ducks with. As he feed the cute little ducklings, he took a bite of his ice cream.

The brunette smiled, closing his eyes as the wind gently greeted him. He then opened his eyes, frowning at the world he's in right now.

He looked down, feeling insecure. If only he's good at something. If only he has an ultimate. If he is born with great talent and becomes an ultimate like his friends, would things be different between all of them?

Even so, if he does have a talent, Komaeda would treat him the way he does to all of the ultimates. Though great, Komaeda still degrades himself, putting all of the ultimates above him. Hajime doesn't like that Komaeda thinks so lowly of himself. He wants to tell him how much worth he has. He wants to remind him every day that he's special, not because of his ultimate, but because of himself.

"Ow! Hinata cried, feeling pain on his feet. "No, Pompom. You have to be patient, then I'll give you food," he scolded one of the ducks.

He heard a soft snicker behind him. He recognized the voice, fearing for his life.

No way... It can't be them.

Hinata fell on the water, scaring his friend ducks away. Luckily, the water isn't too deep. He sat there, dumbfounded.

"If it isn't the coward, Hinata Hajime."

"Leave me alone, please! This is all too much," Hinata exclaimed. (Reference heheh)

"As expected from a coward who hides behind the backs of the ultimates! You think you're hot shit all of the sudden."

Hinata was grabbed by his collar. That person smirked, punching his stomach. Hinata struggled, falling to the ground. He didn't bother moving at all. He stayed still as everything became harder to see.

"You reserve course students make me sick. You're all nothing but a bunch of talentless idiots who got in because of money."

Those words echoed in Hinata's brain. He slowly closed his eyes feeling like nothing. He wishes that not deserving any of this is true. He's never wanted to be here in the first place.

"Do the world a favor and have you and your kind to-"

"Hey! Leave him alone!"

Komaeda ran after them. His weapon was his glare. Though he looks like he can't fight, he's still well respected in the school due to his status.

"Oh shit, it's an ultimate student! Run!"

Komaeda ran to Hinata. He held his head up. "Hinata-kun!" He called out in a panic.

"I'm okay," Hajime muttered. "Just my pride is wounded."

Nagito kept silent. He didn't know what to add to that. He never had anyone to comfort him so he has no idea how to comfort someone.

"My house is just down by the road," Komaeda commented. "And... let's go treat your wound. Looks like you have a nose bleed."

"You don't have to, Komaeda-Kun. This is the part where you turn away because... you're already aware that I'm pathetic."

Komaeda furrowed his eyebrows. He felt offended by his comment for some reason.

"Hinata-Kun, stop that. Just... come with me. I may show that I dislike you, but I still have a heart. I'd hate to leave you here."

Hinata was taken aback. Komaeda was never this upset before. He just nodded and took the ultimate boy's hand. Carefully, they walked to Nagito's path leading to his house.

Hajime made himself comfortable in Nagito's house. It wasn't too extravagant, just simple. He heard bits about Komaeda's past from his classmates. He tried looking it up too but a lot of information is disclosed since he's a minor. Even so, he figured that it wasn't his business.

"It must be difficult being him, huh?" Hajime thought. "I'll just try my best to understand him."

Komaeda went back to the living room with a first aid kit on his hand. He sat beside Hajime who's currently holding an ice pack to his stomach.

"I know how to treat wounds since I was little, so you don't have to worry," Komaeda started.

"Oh, no, I wasn't worried at all," Hinata said. He looked at Komaeda's light gray eyes. He found himself getting lost by it. "Thank... You."

Things have been awkward for now.

Hinata looks down, heavy thoughts spiraling in him. Would anyone be better off without him?

"Maybe we shouldn't be friends after all," Hinata muttered.

Komaeda heard it fully well. He looked down, feeling his heart shatter.

Hinata looked at him, wondering why he would feel that way.

"Oh, okay. I don't want to be with you anyway," he replied. He lifted his head, showing that smile that he always wore. A smile that is just there to be respectful.

"I completely understand why you would say that," Hinata said.

"I'll leave you alone for now. You can leave once you're fine," Komaeda stood up. He walked at the door, choking back tears.

Hinata quickly reached out his hand and pulled him to prevent him from walking away. "Komaeda-kun."

Komaeda didn't look back. Even though he's trying not to show the tears trying to escape, Hinata still noticed it. He gently pulled him close. Komaeda sat on the chair again, looking away. The ordinary boy tried his best to go closer to him despite his injury. Once he successfully got closer, he cupped his cheeks and brushed the hair away from the his face.

Komaeda was unsuccessful. He knew he was too weak to hold his tears. Despite him looking torn to someone he dislikes for his status, Hajime still wiped the tears away from his eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Hinata asked.

"Do you think I don't want you around?" Komaeda asked

Hinata paused, questioning himself. "I don't know... You've been gone, and I've suspected that."

"Did you finally grow up and think that I'm not worth being around?"

Hinata looked at him in utter shock. "What? No! I will never think that of you that way!" He exclaimed.

"I want you out of my life," Komaeda glared at the brunette. "I hate you, Hinata-Kun."

Hinata's hands slowly drifted away from Komaeda pale face. Is this an attempt to push awaythe people he loves? Nanami told Hajime some time ago that Komaeda lost his loved ones. But now, it's hard to differ if Komaeda hates him, or he wants to protect him.

"I know what you're doing. But if you want it like this... then... I hate you too."