Treasure Hunt | Chapter Twenty

I was sitting on the edge of the bed when Loran entered our room, looking slightly frustrated. "They're finally both asleep." He sighed and sat next to me.

I didn't say anything but lay my head on his shoulder.

"Hey," He tipped my chin up to look at him. "What's the matter?"

"I'm just worried." I ran a hand through my hair and sat back up.

"She'll be okay, Dalton." He scooted behind me, beginning to massage my shoulders, his hands instantly kneading out the knots from stress. "She's just as strong as her mother."

I blushed at being called 'mother.' "I'm not that strong."

"Of course you are. Not many people can go through what you did and keep their baby, as well as be able to look them in the face." He placed a kiss to the top of my spine and I could feel the tingling in my toes.

"I need a distraction." I finally said.

"Mm..." He hummed, thinking. "...we could watch movies?"

"No. That's hardly a distraction." I craned my neck to look at him. "I need something that'll make me forget...even if only for a while..."

"I don't know." He admitted and I sighed, knowing he wasn't going to catch on.

"Loran," By now, I'd completely turned to face him. "I'm want something far more special. Far more intimate."

Now it was his turn to blush, his cheeks falling a deep red shade. "Dalton, are you talking about...sex?"

"Not sex." I corrected. "Love making."

There was a difference, sex was thoughtless and careless and carried out only to fill your own needs. Love making was so much more. It was thoughtful and caring, and only filled with desires of the other person. It was so much more passion. I didn't believe in sex, I believed in love making.

And I only wanted to experience that special feeling with Loran.

"Dalton, that's big – that's huge." He spoke with doubt in his voice.

"I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't feel it, Loran, you know that."

"I know, Dal, but it's something so complex and-"

"You don't want to?"

"Don't think that. I've wanted you for so long, long before any of that happened, Dalton. I just don't want you to regret this because you aren't ready."

I had no idea he'd felt that way for so long... "I won't regret this." I said, my voice full of confidence. "I'm ready and there isn't anyone else I could ever imagine giving myself to."

"Then we're gonna take this slow," He said and pulled his shirt up and off over his head, throwing it somewhere to the floor. "And if you can't do it, then we'll stop."

I nodded and he crawled to the end of the bed, motioning for me to join him. In the six, close to seven, years we'd been together, Loran had no shame in showing his body off. Particularly before and after showers. I'd never reciprocated the action though. The most he's skin in my bare chest, never lower than below the belt.

And he respected that.

"Take off your shirt and pants." I hesitated but did as he instructed. My clothing joined his, and now we were both just in our underwear. "Now, come here."

We switched places, I laid on my back on the bed and he laid over me. He kissed me softly, his tongue sweeping over my bottom lip for entrance. I let him in, our tongues dancing against one another and gasped loudly, breaking the kiss as his hips rocked against mine. "Is that okay?"