natural disaster | synopsis

"I've never been on a roller coaster before, but I've read about it. The anxiety a person gets as they ascend to the very top at a snail's pace, the adrenaline coursing through your veins as you wait at the very top before you fall, the calm before the storm. Then the drop that sends your stomach to your throat and the urge to scream in pure joy. That's how the descent to Earth felt, except instead of pure joy, I was terrified."

     Cassia Cameron was a nobody, a mechanic in-training born on Mecha Station. After both of her parents were caught illegally trading stolen items, they were executed, floated for their crimes. That's when things took a turn for the worst for Cass.     

     A poor orphan girl with nowhere to go was left alone; the people of the Ark didn't want her, and the council didn't want to deal with her. That was until Dr. Abigail Griffin, with the approval of the council, kidnapped Cass to be a lab rat in human radiation trials. With knowledge of the Ark dying, this was the council's only hope, their hail Mary.

     After 8 months of experimentation, they finally had success, creating one person who could survive the potentially fatal radiation levels that Earth had to offer. So when Clarke Griffin destroys all of her mother's research and saves Cass from her worst nightmare, she's hell-bent on not wasting what could possibly be her only chance of survival.

     Inevitably, she was caught by the Guard, but Cass strikes a deal with the council; since all the research was destroyed, she is to be imprisoned in the Skybox until further notice. Being locked up with the notorious Octavia Blake was more than she could have bargained for. Until they were sent to Earth.

     Cass thinks that they're being sent to die, but what she doesn't know is that she might be the only person who can make it out alive.