Chapter 16-

I skipped along side of Kayle while Erin and Cassidy follwed behind us. I paused and noticed Kayla was staring at something. "What is it?" I asked. 

        "Oh," She turned away. "I thought I heard something." The loud crackling noise of fire and a strong scent of smoke surrounded us. Awkwardly I leaped into the nearest bush as I heard footsteps approaching. Kayla follwed after me, while Cassidy hid behind a think tree and Erin hopped into a branchabove Cassidy. 

        The noisy sound of footstep pounded in my ears making me let out a small hiss of annoyance, which was quickly shushed by Kayla. I poked my head out of the bush and perked my ears up silently. I was just barely able to make out a figure of someone slightly taller than Erin with what looked like blonde hair to the side. Instantly I jumped up and raced over to the person waving excitedly and calling out. "Hi Toby!" 

        Soon enough Erin was next to me with Kayla by her side and Cassidy was smiling happily. "I'm glad it was just you." She commented enthusiastically. "But.." She went on. "Were you following us?"

        Toby nodded. "Sorry," He apologized. "But I was curious to what you were doing, and Ayaka ran into the house yesterday and seemed pretty sad about something..I was wondering if you guys knew about it." 

        "Yeah... About that..." Kayla replied. "Well, It's a long story." 

        Erin nodded. "U-uh..Yeah...Let's just say.." There was a long paused, obviously meaning she was thinking carefully about how to explain it. Thankfully, Toby didn't press on he just stood there silently.

        "Ugh." I moaned. "There's these four super powerful girls , and we only know that myself, Kayla and Erin are three of them. We think Cassidy might be the fourth girl, but we're not sure. And remeber how we got kidnapped? You knows...she wanted our power? Does any of this ring a bell to you Toby?" I described in a bored tone. 

        "Y-yeah..." He shrugged. "But what does that have to do with Ayaka?" 

        "We think she might be trying to steal our power." Kayla answered this time crossing her arms. "And when we aksed her...well..she left."

        "Oh." Toby stared at the ground for a moment then looked up again. "So, why are you out here then?"

        "Trying to figure out if Cassidy is the fourth. Wanna come too?" Erin offered blushing a little.

        "Sure." Toby answered gratefully. "And..Erin can I talk to you privately?" He added as we began to trot through the forest once again.

        Oooh. I grinned. For once I'm happy I have super good hearing. I strolled between Kayla and Cassidy, with Toby and Erin a few feet behind muttering quietly to each other. I perked my ears up again and twitched my tail tip in satisfaction. I can eavesdrop. 

        I tuned in at Toby stammering to Erin. "S-so..D-did you want to hang out again sometime?"

        "Of course." Erin's voice was soft and quiet. "Uh...Oh!" She shouted. We all glanced at her. She shrunk down again as we all continued walking once again. "Anyways," She murmured. "I really enjoyed the chocolate, do you think you could show me how to make some?"

"Oh, sure." I could tell by they way I heard him say that that he was smiling. Before I knew what was happening Kayla and Cassidy were bent down behing a bush making a gesture with their hands for us to come overby them. I nodded quietly and stalked over to Kayla and looked over the bush, as they were doing.

        "What are we looking at exactly?" I whispered to Kayla. 

        "Shh." She hissed. "Just watch."

         Soon enough a girl with white hair put up in two pig tails with a light purple witchy-looking hat came trotting into the clearing a few bushes and trees away from us. She was followed by Ayaka. I heared a gasp come from Kayla and Erin, but Cassidy and Toby remained quiet. The white haired girl pulled something out of her boot and gave it a flick then a small bench appeared. "She's a witch!" I exclaimed. 

        Cassidy gave me the death glare. "Okay, I'll be quiet." I murmured and continued watching. Ayaka stood beside her quietly for a while. After about ten minutes someone else strolled into the clearing; It was a taller girl with extremely long red hair. "Sorry I'm late," Her voice was polite. "I had to catch a meal." She then pulled out a glass container witha plastic lid. Something red and liquidy was inside it, and what looked like something else, but I couldn't figure out what.

        "Couldn't you have eaten after our meeting?" Ayaka muttered. 

        "But this one was faster than I intended. Who knew how fast someone feet could carry someone." She smirked a bit. I heard Toby gulp. 

        "Well, I personally don't care about your lunch, considering that it's disgusting to humans.." The girl with white hair commented. "Anyways, I had to fire some of my workers i guess you can call them that, they failed to extract the blood from that vampire, and the blood of those animal human hybird things."

        I exchanged a glance with Kayla and Erin. "Don't worry," The girl with red hair replied. "Soon we'll have their power." She then lifted the lid of the glass container and took a bite out of what looked like a human finger. "That's disgusting." I choked under my breath.

        Erin seemed to be taking in the scent of the blood dripping from the finger. "She's ghoul." Erin explained. "That's what they eat."

        "Isn't that the same thing as a vampire then?" Cassidy whispered back.

        "No, you obviously don't pay attention in cla-" Kayle cut her off. "Shhh!"

        "So, what's our next move?" Ayaka turned to the witch, but she didn't reply. "Well?"

        The red haired girl let out a sigh. "How about we don't make a move?" She rolled her eyes. "We can just watch from the sidelines and let them wonder.."

        "This meeting was useless then." Ayaka huffed and stomped out of the clearing. The witch flicked her wand and disappeared, leaving the red haired girl alone in the clearing. 

        "I can smell you." She stated after a while. "You'd wonder who couldn't. You stink." She added. 

        Awkwardly we stumbled out from the bushes and stood in front of her. "Well?" Cassidy mumbled. "What are you going to do?"

        "Nothing." The red haired girl shrugged and took a viscious bite from her remains of her lunch dripping blood from her chin. She wiped it off with her finger and continued. "I'm Ranee, and I think you already know I'm a ghoul, but Ayaka and Miss didn't know you were there and I don't plan on telling them, but just know we want your power and we can kill to get it." Ranee stood up and exited the clearing.

        We all looked at each other fearfully. "Like I was saying," Erin wanted to continue her thought. "Vampire like blood, while Ghouls eat the whole corpse, and there's different fighting abilities they all have.." 

        Everyone was staring at her, bored. "So, it's not one person, it's three." Kayla faced away thoughtfully. "I think we should get back home and work this out." She added after a long silence. Everyone nodded in agreement and turned away from clearing and began to stumble out of the woods.