Chapter Six~ The Rescue

Chapter Six- Erin heart

As we walked underneath Toby's umbrella in the forest I couldn't stop thinking about Mira. Toby told me multiple times that she's a lot stronger then she looks, but that didn't make me feel better. I felt like it was my job to protect her, and if I couldn't do that at least then I was pathetic. I bet her sister feels the same, since she got kidnapped too. I sighed. The rain was making the dirt covered ground all soft and muddy. I neraly lost my shoe earlier while we were walking, not that my shoe mattered. 

Toby nudged my arm. "What?" I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" He gave me a weird look.

"Uh..no reason." I stopped whispering. "What is it?"

"Look. The rain stopped." He closed the umbrella and pulled a string around it and tied a big knot then threw it in a bush. "We wont need it." He grined at me.

I nodded. 

We came across a few old sheds, then we stopped at a oldd cement building. The door was all broken and crack, but it had a lock on it. Toby tried to figure out the combanation at random. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I pushed him away from the lock and gripped it in my hands. Within a second I pulled it apart and it went flying across the stone ground.

We cautiously tip toed into the building. With a jumping I felt someone gripmy hand and pull me away. I found myself underneath a table covered with a plastic table cloth, and Toby had his hand over my mouth. "What the-" he cut me off. I heard the clicking of high heels on the cement ground, and voices speaking. "We need to find the first and the fourth." A woman spoke. "I can imagine that they'd be either easier or difficult. There's no in between." 

"Where are we!" A voice yelled. It was Mira's.

Toby casted me a harsh glance. I'm not gonna go after her. I thought as if he could hear me. Yet. I added. I narrowed my eyes as the conversation went on. "Shut up, pest." I heard a hard smack. "She hit her!" I breathe out in a whisper to Toby. He silenced me by covering my mouth again.

"Don't hit her!" Another voice screamed with desperation and anger in their voice. That must be Kayla. I thought. I'm sick off sitting here. Throwing Toby's hand away from me I crawled out from under the table and stood up eyes locke don the woman. 

"The first!" She smiled. "Come darling we need you too." She held her hand out. 

Without hesitastion I grabbed it. "No." I gave and angry grin and twisted her arm around her shubbed her on the ground. He layed on the floor in agony as blood welled out of her head. I dislocated her shoulder, and made her head bleed. I shrugged. "Self defense." I ran over to Mira and her sister and tore the rope. They breathed hard as the rope fell to the cement ground silently. Mira stared at me then her sister and Toby. "I'm sorry." Her eyes fell to the ground. Toby stood next to me and Kayla. "It's alright Mira." Kayla gave her a hug. 

I crossed my arms and tapped my foot. "Um..We better leave." I mumbled.

We all bolted out of the building. I stayed in the back with Toby in front of me and Mira and Kayla ahead of him.

When we nearly reached the end of the forest we couls see that it was nightfall and the park was deserted. I paused to take a breath, but suddenly I was pushed out of the way. I hit a pile of sticks hard and had splinters in my arm and my hand. I stood up to see Toby underneath a great big wolf. I gasped and raced over to the wolf and bit it hard, and with a ton of effort I managed to push the wolf off of him and kill it with a slice in the neck with a nearby stick. 

Toby was on the ground with huge breaths. "I could've taken care of that mangy wolf you know!" I yelled hovering over him. 

He stood up and brushed the dirt and sticks off of his clothes. "You barely managed to." He pointed out.