Chapter 1: Just Breathe

Song of chapter: Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine

When I got home I was gasping for air, but I kept going until I got to the upstairs bathroom.

"Oh god." I breathe out. Harry was laying in Lauren's lap. He looked so fragile as if you touched him he would break into a million pieces. I rushed in ignoring all the blood everywhere, I've spent enough time in the hospital to know what throwing up blood could mean.

"Harry. Hey." I whisper cupping his face. His eyes were becoming heavy and drooping, which was nowhere near a good sign. "What's my favorite color?"

"Green," he mumbles. I smiled wrapping my arms around him. I left him up and carry him out of the bathroom. I look over at Lauren.

"Call Ashton and Mum, tell them to meet me at the hospital," I say. "I'm calling Michael and Luke."

"Kasey? Are you okay?" Michael asks answering after the first ring.

"Not really. Michael, how soon can you be at my house?"

"Um, I'm on your doorstep," Michael tells me. "I brought Luke with me."

"Oh thank you!" I exclaim. I hear Michael and Luke coming up the stairs as I end the call.

"Holy shit." They say in unison. I look up at them.

"Okay, I need you guys to help me get Harry in the car. " I tell them. They both nod carrying Harry down the stairs. Michael and I have a moment of silence, just looking at each other before he whispered,

"He will be fine, Kasey. I wouldn't lie to you."

\/\/

 We're all certainly in the waiting room. Ashton is walking around like a madman. Brook is trying to calm him down. Mum is staring off into space and I wanted so bad to know what she was thinking. Luke was sitting in the corner with his nose in his phone, probably texting Rachel. Michael and I are over in the corner with Lauren. I am lying across the bench with my head on Michael's lap. Michael was trying to talk to me, but I really couldn't focus on what Michael was saying right now. Lauren was like Mum just staring off into space.

"You know, Kasey when Ashton confronted you about the blade?" Lauren questions.

"Yes?" I mumble.

"Harry was the one who really found it, Ashton lied." She says. I look up in surprise. "He wanted you to be okay and he asked Ashton if he would send you away. Ashton said he didn't know. Harry told them maybe you should because you weren't exactly a sister anymore,"

"Why are you telling me this now?" I ask forcing back tears. My thoughts are all over the place.

"Because. He wanted you better, you are better." Lauren says. "That's all he wanted."

"I-I" I stutter to find the right words. But I didn't know what to say. Michael tightens his grip around me.

"Ashton put the blame on him, why?" I question finally.

"You would have felt like crap if you knew Harry found it," she responds. "you would've hurt yourself more."

"Michael?" I mumble.

"Yes?"

"Where's Ashton?"

"He went down the hall if you run you can catch him." He tells me. I kiss him softly before taking off down the hallway. When I catch up with him, I throw my arms around him.

"Kasey?" he mumbles. He wraps his arms around me.

"Ashton. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I tell him, "I have never ever told you enough how much I love you."

"I love you too, Kasey," he tells me.