Chapter 8: You're Pregnant.

Throwing up has always been something I hated doing. But all I have been doing is just that. Throwing up. Ever since the beginning of the second week, we were in London, causing us to come home early because Michael didn't want to be stuck in London with me sick & that far from home. Michael insisted on taking me to the hospital, but I told him id be fine. He wasn't convinced, but he respected my wishes. This morning was no different, i woke up with the urge to throw up, which is why i was half laying & half sitting on the floor throwing up in the toilet. 

"Kasey!" I hear Luke yell. 

I flinch trying to kick my bathroom door shut. But it was no use Luke was already at the doorway with wide eyes. 

"Michael told me you were puking, but I thought he said you were getting better?" 

"Luke please leave," I mumble. he frowns.

"Is that code for call Rachel & let her handle this? or?" 

"Get Rachel!" I cry. I sloop over the toilet trying to stand. I flush the toilet and look at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible. I hear footsteps on the steps. Rachel appears.

"Kasey, are you okay?" she whispers. I shake my head clasping onto her. She holds me as I sob. 

"Baby, I think we both know what's wrong." I sigh looking down at her stomach which was rounder now than ever, seeing as she was thirty-six weeks & that baby boy was coming anytime. 

"I'm pregnant aren't I," I whisper. She nods. "I believe you are very pregnant, & I believe you are having a baby girl." 

"How do you know that?" 

"Puking normally happens when you have a girl." 

"I'm going to have a girl?" I was crying & completely numb. This is exactly how I had imagined it. Having a girl with the guy of my dreams. It's everything I have ever wanted. But did Michael? I asked myself as Rachel and Luke help me down the stairs. "What are you doing?" Rachel scolds Luke as he lets go of me and walks into the kitchen. "We just bought our car, Rachel. No one wants to smell pure throw up in a car." he comes out of the kitchen and smiles at me. "No offense." he hands me a trash can. 

"I understand." I reply grabbing Rachel's hand. "I know you're scared, I was too... but everything's going to be okay ." she tells me. "Everyone will do what they can to help you & Michael if you need it."

^^^^^

"Michael is on the way," Luke tells me. "When I told him he dropped his phone and told me he'd be here in 5 minutes." 

"But he's at work and that's a good ten minutes because of traffic."  

"Well.. he's going to shorten that distance I reckon," Luke tells me. 

"What do you think he will say?" 

"I think he'll be excited, to be honest.." Luke trails off. "Michael wants kids and he loves you so it's a win-win." 

"I believe you guys will be great parents," Rachel tells me smiling. "Just like I knew you guys would be amazing godparents." 

"Oh my lord, are you guys serious? You want us to be the godparent of your child?" 

"Of course. Who else would I entrust to raise my son more than you?" Luke questions. "My best friend for so many years, and someone who is more than capable of anything life decides to throw at you." 

"Where's my wife?" I hear Michael exclaim. "Kasey Clifford?" I hear footsteps coming down the hallway and then he throws open the doors. 

"Baby!" he exclaims kissing my forehead, my cheeks, & my lips. I giggle. "How are you feeling?" 

"Pregnant & hungry for gummi bears," I say with a smile. He grins. 

"Are you ready, Mrs.Clifford?" My nurse questions. I nod slightly. 

"Well, Mrs.Clifford, it looks like there are 2 babies.." My jaw drops and Michael smiles so brightly it could've blinded someone. 

"We're having twins?" he asks jumping up and down like a kid in his favorite candy store. 

"Looks that way, yes," she says. "Both girls." 

"Oh my god," I mumble. "Twins.." 

"I'll leave you two to talk." 

"Michael. Pinch me. I think I'm dreaming." I say. he turns to me. 

"Oh baby you aren't dreaming.. we're having twins, baby!" he tells me kissing me repeatedly. I giggle. 

"I'm so happy you are excited about this as much as I am. " I mumble. "I didn't know how you would've taken this..." 

"I'm excited because I love you and there's no one I would rather have children with. I love you so much."